Author Topic: My list of touch tone dials, and wiring  (Read 1422 times)

Offline RotoTech99

Re: My list of touch tone dials, and wiring
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 04:08:15 PM »
Dear Key 2871:

Hi, I'll copy those as soon as I get to a regular computer.

In the meantime, I'll look up the tone dial info. I have as well.

I know I have info. on the SC-35A11 dials, and SanBar 701 toll restrictor dials, I'll look those up and get them to you.

When I have to retrofit a tone phone from time to time, I prefer to use the SC-35A11's and the SC network as they are easy to wire.

For decorator sets with white button tone dials I use the SC-35A11 NEU dial that is off white in color, they make good replacement.

Offline Key2871

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »
What's so different on the SC network's?
ITT PC network's are simple to wire, you just push the spade into the terminal.
It's quick, but not really as reliable as western or other screw terminal network's. Because sometimes the terminals fail to grip the spade tightly.

Offline RotoTech99

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
You're correct, the ITT networks and SC pc networks are basically the same
 type networks and ITT networks is the angled terminals; SC placed theirs at an angle. They also sometimes had screw terminals.

What I was referring to was their 35A11 dials...Early ones had both terminals and soldered leads, then changed to all terminals of which two accommodated the SL-WHITE and SL BROWN hook leads.

Surprisingly, they all also made a dial/network combo before being "assimilated" by Cortelco. If I recall correctly there are two versions of the 35A11, the main difference being the configuration of the dial leads and terminals on the back.

I'll look up my 35A11 dial info, and send it to you.

I think those would be good to add on your list.

Rototech99

The use of SC dials and networks for me is basically a preference as the off white dials they have are good for decorator and character phone retrofit.

I like to use what i have on hand, so I'll use ITT or whichever i have on hand once I determine the dial and network will work ok together.

Offline Key2871

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 07:47:24 PM »
Well I don't do much with phone's like that anymore. I do have some it dials but not much else.
I used to do lots with those years ago, but I down sized big time so now I don't have much space, and cell phones are the rage, etc. I don't see any strombergs around here at all anymore. So given all the above factors, put I am not getting younger I really don't want any more.
So thanks for your offer, but I don't need them. If you want to post them here feel free.

Offline RotoTech99

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 08:25:36 PM »
I understand... I'll go ahead and post what I have under this topic thread.
Thanks,
Rototech99

Offline RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

Here is a list of touch tone dials not on Key2871's list. I will add more as I find them. I have his permission to add them; but I thought they should be added as a new post instead of a topic reply.

If they're moved into the original thread, I wouldn't object...I just wasn't sure putting them in the original topic as replies would be a good idea.

Feedback and comments welcome.
Rototech99

1. Stromberg 35A3AP (polarity guard equipped)

Green lead to F on network.
Black lead to RR on network.
Red/Green lead to R on network.
White lead to GN on network.
White/Blue lead to E1 on network.
Red lead to E2 on network.
Orange/Black lead to C on network.

2. SC 35A1

Dial static shield to L1 on network
Red/Green lead to R on network.
White/Blue lead to E1 on network.
Red lead to E2 on network.
Orange/Black to C on network.

3. SC 35A11 (GREY & OFF WHITE VERSIONS)

Dial Static Shield to L1 on network.
Slate/White hook lead to "1" on dial.
Slate/white dial lead to RR on network.
Red green dial lead to R on network.
Red dial lead to E2 on network.
Orange/Black lead to C on network.
Slate/Brown hook lead to "2" on dial.

*Some types of this dial may have the dial leads in quick connect terminals,  and two quick connect terminals for the SL/WHITE and SL/BROWN hook leads. Other dials of this type have soldered the dial leads to the dial, and two quick connect terminals for the SL/BROWN and SL/WHITE hook leads.

This is what I have presently, and will add more as I find more dial info to add; feedback and comments welcome.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:01:12 AM by Sargeguy »

Offline RotoTech99

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 09:56:18 AM »
Dear Forum:

Thank you for moving my post to where it should be;  as I  mentioned I wasn't sure whether to add it as a reply, or as a new topic... I'd  experienced glitches when trying to post things before, so I thought it best to play it safe, and post it as a new topic.

I'm looking up more touch tone pads to add to the list, and will post them as I find them.

I apologize if I caused any confusion.

Rototech99