News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What kind of switchboard is this?

Started by b3tamax11, August 07, 2018, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b3tamax11

My cousins office was getting rid of this switchboard they had on display in their lobby for 20 years. It was used by MTS in Winnipeg. I took some of the equipment out of the back to make it lighter for moving. I'm not sure what kind it is, the headset that came with it is a northern electric set.

FABphones

Could you add a close up photo of the plaque (?) in your pic (centre front, top).
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

CanadianGuy

Hey this is cool. I'm in Winnipeg, and do contract work for BellMTS. Did you save this unit or dispose of it? If saved, did you keep the parts you removed? It may not be worth much, but I wonder if the volunteers (formerly MTS Pioneers) would like it for their collection?

The grey round can at the back looks like a step by step switch, but I don't know much about that stuff. Just that it's old and cool.

AE_Collector

I took it that B3tamax11 acquired the switchboard, he just removed some parts while moving it to make it more manageable. That's how I read it at least.

I'm not certain what make it is, a little different looking than the typical NE/WE 55x series.

Terry