News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - WANTED Pay Phone DOOR and 1980s style Payphone

Started by Kapalowski, February 20, 2019, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapalowski

Looking for a door that would fit the pictured booth (approximately 30" wide opening)

and a 1980s era payphone as pictured below (same style with coin slot on left and coin return on left ... black coin box door ... digits, not rotary)

thank you all in advance for any help! I'm looking for a payphone ~$50-$100 range and a door ~$100 range

robert_m

I dont beleive that booth ever had a door, and youll not find a western electric payhpone for 50 bucks, the internal parts alone are worth way more than that.  Not to mention the shipping would excede your price range.

Key2871

Yea I was going to say that some were without doors, and that looks like one...
KEN

Payphone installer

It is a handicapped booth,it was designed to except a wheel chair. You can always spot anything handicapped because of the with of the booth and the 48 inch to the coin slot height.

Figure 44. Mounting Heights and Clearances for Telephones.

Figure 44(a) Side Reach Possible. If a parallel approach is provided at a telephone in an enclosure, the wing walls and shelf may extend beyond the face of the telephone a maximum of 10 inches (255 mm). The wing walls and shelf may not overlap the required clear space. Space between wing wall and shelf width are shown as "Any width." The controls shall be located no higher than 54 inches (1370 mm) above the floor and the wing walls shall extend downward to 27 inches (685 mm) or less above the floor. A clear floor space at least 48 inches (1220 mm) long by 30 inches (760 mm) wide is required with the long side parallel to the telephone. Telephone and enclosure are shown as wall-mounted or with optional post and base.

Figure 44(b) Forward Reach Required. If a forward approach is provided at a telephone with an enclosure, the shelf may extend beyond the face of the telephone a maximum of 20 inches (510 mm) into the required clear floor space. Wing walls may extend beyond the face of the telephone a maximum of 24 inches (610 mm). If wing walls extend more than 24 inches (610 mm) beyond the face of the telephone, an additional 6 inches (150 mm) in width of clear floor space shall be provided, creating a clear floor space of 36 in by 48 inches (910 mm by 1220 mm). Wing walls shall extend downward to 27 inches (685 mm) or less above the floor. The highest operable part shall be located no higher than 48 inches (1220 mm) above the floor. Telephone and enclosure are shown as wall-mounted or with optional post and base.

Kapalowski

Thanks all! I don't necessarily need guts in the phone .. .as for the door, im trying to find a real door I can put on the booth , even though it never had one.

im trying to do something along these lines, where a guy used a 42" bi-fold closet door from Lowes to make a door .... good solution, but I was hoping to find a real door.

http://www.bloody-plastic.com/props/bntbooth.html

Key2871

Yea, you would need to make something because there isn't a door that would fit that. They are different than the standard "super man" booth.
KEN

FABphones

Quote from: Kapalowski on February 26, 2019, 09:11:29 PM
im trying to do something along these lines, where a guy used a 42" bi-fold closet door from Lowes to make a door...
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble