News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

VINTAGE OLD FASHION BELL SYSTEM TELEPHONE

Started by Perry, February 05, 2009, 02:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Okay you clowns I had to get in on this fun before the good times end.  I asked the seller the following question:

"i Want a pone like this but how do you use it?  i only can buy if i no how to us it, can yoou explain?"

Here I am, getting all wicked in my old age.   ;)

Dan/Panther

BDM;
I know exactly what you mean !

McHeath;

You are twisted...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Steve

someone needs to get him to open it up and give us the dates on the various parts. :D
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

bingster

Quote from: McHeath on February 06, 2009, 10:41:03 PM
Okay you clowns I had to get in on this fun before the good times end.  I asked the seller the following question:

"i Want a pone like this but how do you use it?  i only can buy if i no how to us it, can yoou explain?"

He answered.  And I think he likes you--he was very helpful!

Somebody should ask him what wireless plan it works on.
= DARRIN =

Konrad

Quote from: bingster on February 06, 2009, 11:22:29 PM

A better question being that I'm a geek is to ask him if it will work with Bluetooth.

McHeath

Geez that's funny!  Wireless plan!  Bluetooth!   ;D

Yeah I saw my answer, but i stil noncleer on how tow us a it.
;)

winkydink

Quote from: Steve on February 06, 2009, 10:46:38 PM
someone needs to get him to open it up and give us the dates on the various parts. :D

OK, I made a request and gave him instructions on how to open the base and the handset to look for part dates.

(You guys can't have all the fun)

Film at 11:00

winkydink

Quote from: bingster on February 06, 2009, 11:22:29 PM
Quote from: McHeath on February 06, 2009, 10:41:03 PM

He answered.  And I think he likes you--he was very helpful!

...Or, can it be converted to a wireless phone !

Konrad

It is worth the money as it is the earliest 302 known to exist.  We all thought the 302 started in 1937.  But if this is more than 75 years old that would make it 1934 or earlier.

winkydink

Quote from: winkydink on February 07, 2009, 08:11:58 AM
Quote from: Steve on February 06, 2009, 10:46:38 PM

OK, I made a request and gave him instructions on how to open the base and the handset to look for part dates.

(You guys can't have all the fun)

Film at 11:00

Here is his answer

FOUNDIT..11-24-37,OG MY MISTAKE IT IS HEAVY PLASTIC ALTHOGUHT IF FEELS AS HEAVY AS METAL

HobieSport

I don't think the seller is crazy.  The sellers' very poor use of the English language and transparently dubious tactics are those of a very poor scam artist.  Just my .02 of course.  Whatever the case, this whole episode is rather fun in a happily sinister sort of way... :)

BTW, I have seen 302s converted to Bluetooth being sold online, and you can buy kits for the conversion.

Dennis Markham

The fellow is three minutes away from heart ache....when it doesn't sell.

HobieSport

Auction ended with zero bids.  What a surprise.
So how much will he have to pay Ebay to run that ad?

McHeath

Dang!  I missed out!  I was gonna swoop in at the last 10 seconds and snatch that prize up.
:D

Dennis Markham

Ebay will let him relist it and if it sells he will not have to pay to RE-LIST but he will still have to pay the original fee, which he will also have to pay if he doesn't re-list it.  They have a place where you can see but trying to remember back when I was doing Buy It Now I think I paid $3 - $4 on a hundred.   Maybe a little less, maybe a little more.  I'll bet that listing, with all the buzzers and whistles cost him $10-15.  He paid to have that box around his listing.....one of their enhanced features.