News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

YouTube!

Started by WesternElectricBen, March 31, 2013, 11:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

When restoring a Starlight Wall phone a idea for a post came to mind. Does anyone on this forum have a YouTube channel and posts videos of their phones? I know a few people who do like: mrbraindep and xhausted etc.

My channel is RetroVintageItems27

Feel free to link yours!

Ben

Greg G.

I do, but mostly for help with trouble-shooting.  I have stuff other than phones on there too: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrinydeep?feature=mhee
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Brinybay on April 01, 2013, 03:43:41 AM
I do, but mostly for help with trouble-shooting.  I have stuff other than phones on there too: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrinydeep?feature=mhee

I'm subscribed and never connected brinybay with mrbrainydeep.

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 31, 2013, 11:24:45 PM
When restoring a Starlight Wall phone a idea for a post came to mind. Does anyone on this forum have a YouTube channel and posts videos of their phones? I know a few people who do like: mrbraindep and xhausted etc.

Feel free to link yours!

Ben
ben a little while ago I was viewing your channel on youtube regarding your itt white phone and on it you were talking about the yellowing on the casing.the yellowing might have happened on that phone because it might have come from someone , perhaps even from years ago who smoked. that happened a lot to white phones back in the 1960s and 70s etc, we have a section on this forum I think, that may take care of that yellowing, how ever it is a nice phone and you made the bells on it look REALLY good.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 10, 2013, 08:20:39 PM

Feel free to link yours!

Ben
ben a little while ago I was viewing your channel on youtube regarding your itt white phone and on it you were talking about the yellowing on the casing.the yellowing might have happened on that phone because it might have come from someone , perhaps even from years ago who smoked. that happened a lot to white phones back in the 1960s and 70s etc, we have a section on this forum I think, that may take care of that yellowing, how ever it is a nice phone and you made the bells on it look REALLY good.

Thank you! You might be right on that though I think it was a weird discoloration because it didn't smell like smoke. Have you commented on my video? Whats your youtube?

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 10, 2013, 11:03:57 PM
Quote from: southernphoneman on April 10, 2013, 08:20:39 PM

Feel free to link yours!

Ben

Thank you! You might be right on that though I think it was a weird discoloration because it didn't smell like smoke. Have you commented on my video? Whats your youtube?

Ben
unfortunitly I don t have an account with you tube, but I occasionally watch videos abpoout phones on various channels(your channel, a1telephones etc),maybe sooner or later I will get an account with you tube.

WesternElectricBen

erik666

this guy is a telephone repair guy that vlogs lots of phones he fixes he doesn't share the fixing so much but before and after kind of stuff very interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUImgSEe_0g

twocvbloke

I don't do many videos these days, but if I do, they go here:

https://www.youtube.com/SanitaireC12

Only two phone vids up so far, the CT6000C Payphone and my Handset No. 17A, haven't done much else... :D

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 03, 2013, 08:52:55 PM
I don't do many videos these days, but if I do, they go here:

https://www.youtube.com/SanitaireC12

Only two phone vids up so far, the CT6000C Payphone and my Handset No. 17A, haven't done much else... :D
[/quote

Very nice, I just subscribed and hope to learn more about these phones across the big pond.
Ben

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 03, 2013, 08:54:47 PMVery nice, I just subscribed and hope to learn more about these phones across the big pond.
Ben

That was fast, my phone (the Galaxy S3 that is) just made noises to let me know you subscribed.... :D

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 03, 2013, 09:00:37 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 03, 2013, 08:54:47 PMVery nice, I just subscribed and hope to learn more about these phones across the big pond.
Ben

That was fast, my phone (the Galaxy S3 that is) just made noises to let me know you subscribed.... :D

How do you like Android Phones?

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: erik666 on June 03, 2013, 08:38:19 PM
this guy is a telephone repair guy that vlogs lots of phones he fixes he doesn't share the fixing so much but before and after kind of stuff very interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUImgSEe_0g

I use to watch him and think the same. I lost interest in his videos because you cannot comment with a question or see his repairs too often.
Ben

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 03, 2013, 09:03:17 PMHow do you like Android Phones?

A lot actually, they're pretty open compared to the competition, meaning there's more things you can do with them and are not tied into using proprietary software (such as itunes) to interface the phone with a computer... :)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 03, 2013, 09:09:39 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 03, 2013, 09:03:17 PMHow do you like Android Phones?

A lot actually, they're pretty open compared to the competition, meaning there's more things you can do with them and are not tied into using proprietary software (such as itunes) to interface the phone with a computer... :)

I wish I could switch, but I have my money in the App store and Ituens so there four I would just be rebuying property I alreaddy own...