"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 84: Used Bell System Touchtone Spacesaver 2211

Started by zapper, February 12, 2013, 01:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: Russ Kirk on February 12, 2013, 10:26:35 PM
I hope I'm not too close to anyone.  The numbers a very close.

$875

Just right Russ. Try for 5% apart and you are a little more than that.

Terry

twocvbloke

poplar1

The 212 (rotary) was still being manufactured and available in Southern Bell territory at least as late as 1976. These were the same monthly rate as a 500 or 554. I believe that by 1976, New England Tel and some other Bell companies no longer offered the 211/212. So by the time that some central offices supported Touch-Tone, spacesavers were no longer offered. Perhaps this is part of the reason these 2212s are so rare.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 13, 2013, 06:58:15 AM
And for this one, I'll go for $980... ;D

And with this one, I think you would be bang right on at $965! (right between two existing guesses)

Terry

rdelius

Somebody I met had worker for Southern Bell .He said these sets were more common in central offices.They were not liked in the field because of the time and labor it took to install them.subset etc.

baldopeacock

Quote from: MagicMo on February 12, 2013, 08:23:57 PM

True. Lol. I'm not counting it out yet! Still a few boxes left. :o

Mo

Have you listed any more goodies?   I spotted a couple of things in your original photos that I need to find.

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 12, 2013, 07:44:51 PM

I "thought" that Ray made some of these TT tops to fit on a WE spacesaver. Hopefully, Ray will chime in....Doug

I "know" Ray made some tops.  I bought one.  About the same time, another collector was selling a cache of NOS 211 manual sets.  Hmmmmm.    ??? ;)

Check out Ray's WE page:
  http://www.telephonecreations.com/prod02.htm
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

I did ask Ray and he confirmed he did make them and is going to make some again. The skeptic in me says those bases certainly do not look like NOS. Did someone just spend $1850 on something that is not what is supposed to be. Ray makes great stuff and I'm sure only he could tell. I am flabbergasted (good word isn't it) by the prices that collectors are paying for these phones. Not just these, but prices are through the roof on anything out of the main stream. AE34 for $250 is another quandary. ....But that just me. I will now step down from my soap box....Kidcheap
Kidphone

TelePlay

Congrats to MagicMo who missed the sale price by a whopping $428 with her guess of $1202.00 but still won the contest!  ::)

Final sale price was $1,630 with 30 bids.

AE_Collector

Yes, pretty amazing prices for these items. I agree with Doug that there have been a lot of surprisingly high prices on many phone items lately.

Congrats to MagicMo!

Terry

Babybearjs

anyone know where one can get just the dial assembly? I have several 211's without dials, would be nice to add a touchtone unit to one of them.
John

MagicMo

Thanks!
WoooooHooooo! Yippy! hooray! Yowza! woo hoooo! Yay for me!!!!

What did I win?
LOL

That was fun.
Let me at the next one!
Practice Kindness :)

Mr. Bones

Fantastic Avatar, by the way, Mo!

I couldn't possibly think of a more appropriate image on the Picturephone!

You are inexorably linked with it, forever, at least here, if not world-wide...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

MagicMo

Quote from: Mr. Bones on February 15, 2013, 10:42:13 PM
Fantastic Avatar, by the way, Mo!

I couldn't possibly think of a more appropriate image on the Picturephone!

You are inexorably linked with it, forever, at least here, if not world-wide...

Best regards!

Thanks Mr. Bones. My beer didn't fit on the screen. Cheers!!
Practice Kindness :)

kleenax

Quote from: paul-f on February 13, 2013, 08:58:43 PM

I "know" Ray made some tops.  I bought one.  About the same time, another collector was selling a cache of NOS 211 manual sets.  Hmmmmm.    ??? ;)

Check out Ray's WE page:
  http://www.telephonecreations.com/prod02.htm

Here are some photos of the ones that I have made.... I will cast a few more, but it will be awhile.

I sell JUST the 3-piece top housing for $175.00  This includes the special "neck", but your housing MUST have had a dial on it previously because mounting the TT housing requires the metal "collar" that the neck & pivot pin mount in. There is also a small 5-terminal strip within that you must fashion as well. Not hard; I made one from a piece of 1/8" plexiglas.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC