News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Instructions - N.E. 10 Button Princess For The Schematic Challenged

Started by Ktownphoneco, May 27, 2015, 07:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

I have no problem reading schematic diagrams, but sometimes it's just a lot quicker to lay out a one page sheet showing exactly what conductor connects to what terminal.      I do this for anything I work on a lot, just in case my memory fails, which seems to happen more frequently now that I'm in the senior citizen category.
This "letter" sized page sets out the connection points for each conductor on each component of a Northern Electric 10 Button Princess desk set (NE1702-B).      Specifically, this is a set equipped with a 25H4 touch tone dial pad, and a 4010B network.     They were produced in the mid to late 1960's.     The instructions also apply to the model manufactured for the independent telephone companies, which were sold under the name "Contessa".     Note the information pertaining to the ringer, and whether or not it is or was, wired for ground ringing or bridged ringing.     In most cases on today's telephone lines, it will be wired for bridged ringing, not ground ringing.    An actual schematic is included.

Jeff Lamb

Ktownphoneco

Well my "typo" didn't take long to be spotted.      Sorry about that.     Either down load this replacement, "OR" just write over my original instructions.     HANDSET : RED FROM HANDSET CONNECTS TO RED FROM T/T DIAL.    Corrected version attached.     

Jeff Lamb