News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED: SC 1200/1400 series Handset

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, February 23, 2016, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm looking for a handset for my Stromberg Carlson 1444 (I forgot the model number). PM me if you have one you would like to sell.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

unbeldi

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 23, 2016, 08:17:36 PM
I'm looking for a handset for my Stromberg Carlson 1444 (I forgot the model number). PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

The correct handsets were No. 23-R and 24-R, the same handset, but with either a three-conductor cord, or a four-conductor cord.  All my 1444s have a three-conductor cord.

Doug Rose

Christian....post a picture of what you need, I have a lot of extra handsets....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 24, 2016, 05:34:49 AM
Christian....post a picture of what you need, I have a lot of extra handsets....Doug
I updated my original post with a picture from a current high-priced listing on eBay.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

I've seen the 1400 series with the same type handset as the 1500 series.  Could that be a later version of the 1400 series?

unbeldi

Quote from: andre_janew on February 24, 2016, 12:48:29 PM
I've seen the 1400 series with the same type handset as the 1500 series.  Could that be a later version of the 1400 series?

The new handset was developed for the 1500 series, which replaced the 1400. However, since many parts were physically interchangeable, and the housing was the same, it's not surprising to find mixtures after refurbishing.
We just discussed this here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15702.0

The correct handset was on the blue phone sold by Kleenax, last week: