News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Birthday AE_collector

Started by Wallphone, May 13, 2011, 05:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Here is the picture of "the Phone Collectors" at my birthday lunch at the Bard & Banker pub in Victoria BC:

From the left to right:
Mark Aitken, Gary Goff, Wayne Sugden & Terry Biddlecombe

Oh what the heck...there is room for 5 more pictures in this post still:

2 - My Birthday cake at dinner on the ship

3 - Coral Princess docked at Victoria

4 - An antique "Buoy" from the harbour on our walk from ship to downtown Victoria

5 - The famous Empress Hotel at downtown Victoria

6 - the Norwegian Jewel leaving the harbour a few hours before us. Jewel would be completing a Seattle - Alaska round trip with Victoria bring the mandatory "Foreign Port" stop. We didn't leave until about midnight as we could easily get to Vancouver from Victoria in about three or four hours.

Dennis Markham

Nice photos, Terry.  Thanks for posting them.  The four of you look like you were having a good time. 

Nice photo of the ship at night.

~Dennis

dsk

Mr. Bones

Happy belated Birthday, Terry!

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Thanks again guys...I am almost over it now. Next year might not be quite as easy to handle though....

Terry

DavePEI

Another year rolled by! Happy Birthday 2017, Terry!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

jsowers

Happy Birthday, Terry! I still use that Ebay Handles List all the time, but now they've changed the code names again, as you've no doubt noticed. I found on eBay you can click on the new name and it shows the old one! I'm sure they will fix that in no time. Anyway, I appreciate your efforts on the list. It's a valuable resource.
Jonathan

GTE Rick

Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

Dennis Markham

Oh my you hit 60, Happy Birthday Terry.  ;)

KaiserFrazer67

Happy Birthday to a fellow collector of Automatic Electric telephones!  Have a great weekend!
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser

AE_Collector

Hey thanks everyone. I see that Dave's "Birthday Radar" is still working just fine!

I'm not sure why we always seem to be on a cruise ship around my birthday but we were again this year just like last year. Except this year we arrived home at Canada Place pier on my birthday instead of the day after like last year. Therefore we were unceremoniously "tossed" from the ship on my 60th birthday...and we're such good customers of Princess too. I'm sure they would have asked if we wanted a complimentary 7 day round trip cruise to Alaska so that we could stay onboard had they only known it was my 60th birthday.

This was one of our longer cruises but not the longest. 32 days onboard and we were away for 40 days in total. At the beginning we did a 6 hour flight to Hawaii and stayed at Waikiki Beach for three nights to break up the 15-16 hour flight from Vancouver to Sydney Australia. Then a 10 hour flight to Sydney where we stayed for 5 more nights. This was our first time down under! We loved Australia though we only saw Sydney and the surrounding area.

Then we boarded Emerald Princess at Sydney on April 12 and we were off to New Zealand. We had stops at Wellington, Napier, Tauranga and Auckland. All were great though Napier was our favourite. It is known as the "Art Deco City". An earthquake destroyed the city in the early 1930's and it was completely rebuilt in the popular Art Deco style of the day. They have done a great job of preserving it against modern redevelopement.

Once leaving New Zealand we crossed the date line so we had two April 20'ths. We headed north east to American Samoa - Pago Pago (pronounced Pango Pango). Next we continued north east to French Polynesia where we had stops at Tahiti, Mo'orea and Bora Bora. All places of incredible scenery. Until French Polynesia these stops were all new to us but we were at FP on a cruise in 2014. As we sailed away we had 5 sea days straight north, across the Equator to Hilo Hawaii and then Honolulu the next day. Our first trip that included two completely separate visits to Hawaii (including the three day lay over as we headed to Sydney). At Honolulu we visited Pearl Harbour and the Arizona Memorial which we hadn't done since about 1980. Five more sea days to Los Angeles for the day where we toured the USS Iowa which is now permanently docked at San Pedro a short walk from where we were docked. Our dick incidently is the exact same one where Pacific Princess docked every week on "the Love Boat". On our way once again it was a short three day non stop cruise to Vancouver where we arrived yesterday morning.

A great trip all in all taking us to several new (to us) parts of the world. It all helped me forget about my 60th birthday just a little bit!

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes everyone!

Terry

1 - Flight route from Honolulu to Sydney Australia
2 - Sydney Harbour & Opera House from the Bridge
3 - Sydney Harbour Bridge at night from the Emerald Princess
4 - Mo'orea French Polynesia in the background
5 - The Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbour Honolulu
6 - Honolulu Harbour & the Aloha Tower in the background

andre_janew

Happy Birthday, mate!  (i say that with my crappy Australian accent!)

AE_Collector

Sounded Australian from here! (My hearing isn't what it used to be though).

Thanks, I'm getting over it now :)

Terry