News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

201/211 Mounted on Scissors?

Started by bigdaddylove, August 31, 2011, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddylove

Has anyone ever seen a WE 201/211 mounted on a set of scissors? Does anyone have a photo of such a set up?

Thanks!

rdelius

We built some of these at COT.It was not easy to do.I am not aware of factory sets built this way but anything was possible with railroads and independents
Robby

paul-f

I believe I posted this in another topic, but can't find it quickly.  Here it is again.

(Look familiar, Robby?)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

bigdaddylove

Now, that's the ticket!

Is the mount custom made?

Thanks!

paul-f

I haven't seen the phone -- only the auction photo, which doesn't show the mounting detail.

Does anyone have one of these or other photos?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rdelius

Looks familiar. We had to make our own adaptors to mount them. A local machinest guy could make parts for us.
Robby

ESalter

I just stumbled on this photo from 1978 taken inside the Chicago and North Western Railroad interlocking tower at Lake Street in Chicago.  They apparently had a 211 mounted on a scissors arm and a 510 on the desk.  If anyone reading this has ridden the Metra West Line out of Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago, they may remember immediately as you leave the station there is an outrageous number of crossover switches right before a curve, that is Lake Street Interlocking, the location of this photo.  Anyway, I just thought I'd post it since I remembered reading this thread recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-PHOTO-abr-520-Chicago-Northwestern-Railroad-/260862588743?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item3cbc9f3747

---Eric

bigdaddylove