News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Unusual Way to Mark a 425A Network ?

Started by Dan/Panther, May 03, 2010, 06:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Has anyone ever seen a network marked like this one ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

It may of had a paper sticker, I have seen a lot of networks with paper stickers, I always assumed they covered up previous markings. I have never felt the need to remove the stickers.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dennis Markham

Yes, I have.  Several.  They were marked that way in the early days.  Maybe into 1953 from the ones I've had.

LarryInMichigan

QuoteUnusual Way to Mark a 425A Netwqrok ?

That is certainly an unusual way to spell "network" ;)

Dan/Panther

Larry;
I noticed that, everyone but me misspelled it ???
It's NETWORK everybody... ::)
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

I have a 52 500 with the paper label on it, I have always wondered what was under there.  Probably nothing.
- Tom

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on May 04, 2010, 03:02:43 AM
I have a 52 500 with the paper label on it, I have always wondered what was under there.  Probably nothing.
or possibly 1950? you nnever know unless you pull the lable. I don't.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

I'm not a gambling man, I will stick with a safe bet of there's nothing and it's a 52 phone since everything else is dated 52 on it.
- Tom

rp2813

I've had one paper label just fall off and I have it tucked in between dial and network areas.  The network legend underneath is marked as it should be, no different from what's on the paper label, and is dated 1/53.  Another phone has a paper label that doesn't want to come off completely.  I can see the network legend underneath a section of the paper that I am able to lift away, but can't uncover the part stuck to where the date is located.  I wish I could find out what the network date is, but I'm fairly sure it's close to the rest of the components on the base.

I'd be interested to know what the logic was behind the paper labels, particularly since my experience is that their legend is no different from what's been painted on the network already.
Ralph

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 03, 2010, 07:03:10 PM
Larry;
I noticed that, everyone but me misspelled it ???
It's NETWORK everybody... ::)
D/P

That's ok.  I should start spelling some of mine Notwork...  :D
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jester

What model set is it on, D/P?  The only set I have that has a network marked like yours is a 500T.  My 12/50 500 has the terminal template stamped on the side in yellow.  My '52 A/B has the paper label with the template markings.  I don't know what's behind the label.
Stephen