News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring for handset & dial in SC 1212 Fatboy

Started by RotoTech99, April 17, 2015, 12:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

I have a SC 1212  Fatboy I am experiencing difficulty understanding how the handset is wired in the base, and the correct dial wiring...

I followed the wiring as best I could, but could not determine a couple of the connections for the handset and dial.

I need some technical help, and a enhanced diagram that better shows the handset and dial connections.

BTW: I am using a handset cord with red, black, and white conductors, which may be confusing me a bit as well.

G-Man

Here is a wiring diagram from the TCI Library...

RotoTech99

Thank you, I however still can't tell what the proper handset and dial connections are in the diagram.

Please specify the proper handset connections and dial connections; They are not clear in the diagram, particularly the handset connections.

Remember, my handset cord is using red, black, and white conductors instead of red, green, and yellow.

G-Man

Quote from: RotoTech99 on April 17, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
Thank you, I however still can't tell what the proper handset and dial connections are in the diagram.

Please specify the proper handset connections and dial connections; They are not clear in the diagram, particularly the handset connections.

Remember, my handset cord is using red, black, and white conductors instead of red, green, and yellow.
You haven't specified the type of dial or handset you are using. A type-15 handset is original to your set but it should be easy for you to figure out since the handset cord in the diagram is clearly marked -

Rec[eiver] 
Trans[mitter]
Com[mon]

G-Man

I suspect the following colors as used on your handset cord are:

• Rec[eiver]  White
  • Trans[mitter]  Black
  • Com[mon]    Red
However, you will have to check them to verify.

RotoTech99

Dear G-Man: I was referring to connections in the base of the 1212 Fatboy, sorry about that.

RotoTech99

Dear G-Man:

I have the white handset wire on Y in the handset, black wire on G, and the red wire on R, do I need to change those?

My dial is a SC C type.

Where do the red, black and white handset wires goinside the base?

G-Man

Quote from: RotoTech99 on April 17, 2015, 06:25:05 PM
Dear G-Man:

I have the white handset wire on Y in the handset, black wire on G, and the red wire on R, do I need to change those?

My dial is a SC C type.

Where do the red, black and white handset wires goinside the base?
Leave the handset conductors as is and simply connecting them to the terminals that correspond to the original colors. The location of the handset conductors is shown on the wiring diagram.
I am not sure that S.C. was manufacturing their own dials when the 1212 was produced. The catalog shows the following dials that were intended for use with them. You may have an A.E. dial that is custom branded for S.C.

G-Man

Here is another diagram that might help you...

Also, is your telephone service working ok?