News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Started by bwanna, November 26, 2009, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

today i am thankful for family & friends. i am grateful for my good job,  nice home & of course my phone collection. ;D

will be having dinner at my brothers later. we will eat too much, insult each other & generally enjoy being together.

i hope everyone here can spend time with loved ones today.

happy thanksgiving friends. :)
donna

Dan

Kind words to all in this wonderful forum. May God bless you this season with health, love, and peace.   

Phonetastically, yours
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, even those that don't celebrate Thanksgiving on this day like we do here in the the United States.  No matter how many "curve balls" life throws at us, I think we can all find something or many things to be thankful for, not just today but everyday.

Enjoy the day!

--Dennis

McHeath

My early Thanksgiving memories involved mom cooking for what seemed like days, and being rather frazzled.  Dad and grandpa would always argue about something, often heatedly, and after the meal they ended up taking naps, dad in his recliner and grandpa on the couch.  Having to eat turkey which was never on my top 10 list of foods, along with a bunch of other foods that I really did not like at all, such as that purple stuff from a can, the weird breaded stuff in the turkey, and pumpkin pie.  At least there was mashed potatoes, that helped.

Of course now I like all that weird Thanksgiving food, even the purple canned stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Dan/Panther

I try to be thankful, even for the negative aspects of life, because I usually learn something from them.
Everyone please have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Day.
May God richly bless you, each and every day.
Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

jiggerman

Hello,
         Want to wish all my American friends and members on this fourm a very Happy Thanksgiving Day. When we see all the crap happening in other countries we have an awlful lot to be thankful for. I'm only 20 minutes from the Vermont border so I'll be heading down there for supper with my uncle and his family. A very special thanks to our men and women serving in the Armed Forces who help keep our countries free !!! BTW our Thanksgiving holiday is in October. God bless you all, Jiggerman

Bill Cahill

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I am grateful for my home, my dogs, my friends, my church, this forum, my collection, and, my help I get from God, and, all my friends on earth.
God bless you all!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bingster

Happy Thanksgiving, lads and ladies! 
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Awakening from my tryptophan-induced slumber, Happy Turkey Day!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Russ Kirk

I'll restart this topic.

I hope everyone has wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving day! If you or loved ones are traveling , I hope the trips are safe and everyone arrives safely.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Adam

Happy turkey day everyone!

Sorry, it's not a rotary turkey.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

HarrySmith

Happy Thanksgiving to one & all!

Leave it to you to come up with a turkey phone Dave ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

I wish all of you a very safe and happy Thanksgiving, full of good things to eat, with family all around you.

I've already made my persimmon pudding, a Southern delicacy, from persimmons gathered from under my uncle's tree. I always take him some to say thanks for letting me get them. Anyone else ever heard of persimmon pudding?

I'm celebrating at lunch with the immediate family and then in the evening we will gather in my grandmother's basement, now my aunt's, where we've celebrated annually since 1955 (before I was born). I make the Cheerwine punch. Another Southern delicacy.

If you have family spread far and wide, use one of your old phones to call them. Reach out and touch someone, as Ma Bell used to say.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

I would also like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving day.  I hope your travels are all safe and that everyone is able to spend time with family and/or friends.

Jonathan I have heard of persimmons but not persimmon pudding.  Could you e-mail me some?  It sounds like you are having a real "traditional" Thanksgiving.  Enjoy!

My family is spread out across this half of the country, so I will be reaching out via the telephone.   I have siblings in Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Texas and Kentucky.  Only my brother and I remain in Michigan.  I guess this is the time of year we pay for beautiful summers.  They all like that hot weather south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Dan/Panther

Did anyone notice the dates these are said to be posted ? Some are dated Saturday upcoming ?
I didn't remember posting my comment until I realized it was last years post. Well this is neat because we have Thanksgiving every year it is always current....
Have A Wonderful Day.

Lets start a tradition of adding to this each year, we can reminisce former years comments and best wishes.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson