"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are your Favorite Cars???

Started by Bill Cahill, April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

Quote from: Dan on May 25, 2009, 06:02:45 PM
I believe the 57  Fury was the evil car in the movie 'Christine," wasn't it?
it was the 1958 i think
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

My old time favorite is a 1980 Volvo 240 GL, 2.5 liter engine, 4 speed stick with electric overdrive.

I gave it away with 300,000 + miles to a friend from Tucson, AZ, who put another 500 miles on its way there.

In 1986, I drove it from CA, to Key West, FL, to New York city and back. Plus it made a few trips to Oklahoma.

A great car, and it is still running with the original engine. I did the clutch myself when it rolled into the 200k miles range. It is a daily driver for a student now.
Jorge

AET

Trying to get my hands on another car.  1977 Ford LTD Country Squire with a 460 big block, automatic trans, hideaway headlites, and 8 track player.
- Tom

McHeath

That car you are looking for AtomicTom I once owned.  Mine was green, with woodgrain sides.  Had a two-barrel carb as I recall, and got horrific gas milage, but it was a sweet ride and had all the options.  There is one driving around my town that I see every so often, being a California car it has no rust and looks to be in decent, but not immaculate, shape.  The age of the driver makes me think it's probably a one owner. 

AET

Yeah, the 2 barrel carbs are worse on gas, no matter what anybody says.  Just got my tax money back and had 1200 bucks to my name (900 bucks more than I expected) and I called Rocky, he had just sold it.  I hope it doesn't go to the demo derbies.  It was a beaut!!!

- Tom

jsowers

Tom, you missed a nice one. It must have sat for a long time in a garage because the woodgrain was in great shape, as was the interior too. It even came with an 8-track tape, I see. I once owned a '79 Pontiac Grand Safari with an AM/FM 8-track and the speed on it was always too fast and everyone sort of sounded like martians. :) I learned to drive in a car very much like this, a 1972 Ford Country Sedan, light blue with an interior the same color as this car, but naugahyde. It had an AM/FM Stereo and that was the only option other than power seats that my dad splurged on when he ordered the car. We owned it up until about three years ago. Its 400 V8 had bent pushrods and wouldn't run. Somewhere I have a picture, but I can't find it at the moment.
Jonathan

Steve

Tom,

I was talking to a guy not far from here, that has a beautiful and well maintained Lincoln Mark V for sale. even the air works!

he wants $1200. I was going to go for it but the wife said NO!
she said O.K. to an eldo (79-85) now I just need to find a decent one I can afford.

heres some pics of the Mark V.  if you are interested I can p.m. you the details.

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

AET

The Lincoln is a nice looking car!  That Ford I was looking at, I was going to get it at a steal.  Rock told me it was 900 bucks and he'd cut me a deal (I've known him since I first got a car) I would have probably walked away with it for 500 bucks.  Just my luck that it got scooped up from under me. 
- Tom

Steve

$900 is a deal on that wagon if it's in good running condition. sorry you missed out on it.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

AET

I'm not an angry guy.  But I was just flipping out, I was so irate.
- Tom

Steve

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on February 23, 2010, 01:13:47 AM
I'm not an angry guy.  But I was just flipping out, I was so irate.

Seeing photos of you and your dad I picture you turning green.

and I can hear "You're making me angry, you won't like me when I'm angry,"

feed Tom a nice wagon. the beast will subside. :)

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

AET

Ha, thanks for making my day Steve!  I felt bad, I had to apologize to my Mom and Dad for taking my anger out on them.  I shouldn't have been rude to them.  Pa says I don't need any more cars anyways.  But I'm selling my Station Wagon and I cannot be wagonless.
- Tom

Steve

I am looking for a wagon...

what kind, and how much??
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

bingster

The only wagon I'd like to have is one of the ones that GM made in the early 1970s.  They had a curved back, and the glass retracted into the roof, while the tailgate retracted under the floor--all at the push of a button.  That was a fairly brilliant idea.  Chevrolet called theirs the "Kingswood" as I recall.
= DARRIN =

Steve

My favorite wagons to date are volvo 240's. they are the Government mules of mid size cars.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,