News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A clear phone called "REJECTED"

Started by ....., March 11, 2019, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: poplar1 on March 12, 2019, 04:24:18 PM
How did you get a finger wheel from a 500 to fit a 5H dial since they attach differently?

The same way they convert the 500 from metal finger wheel to the plastic one. Just have to get the 500 finger wheel adapter to fit the shaft of the the 302.

RotarDad

To add to poplar1's question Doug, the mount on a #5 dial is a bit smaller than a number 6 or 7 dial, I believe.  So that adapter would need to be modified to fit snugly on the #5 mount, correct?   I think the "spider" adapter has bent tabs at the edges of the mount - did you straighten those to reduce the hole slightly?  Thanks for the detail there... :)

Nice work bringing some imperfect clear parts back to a very nice display item!
Paul

oldguy

Great phone Doug, congratulations. Can you go into some detail on mounting the clear later model finger wheel.
Gary

All I did was file the shaft on the 5H dial a small amount and positioned the adapter on the shaft. Put the dish shaped washer on with nut and tightened it. I had to bend the finger stop up a little to fit the 500 finger wheel. The finger wheel went right on.

It's not perfect but it fits snug. Remember this is for display only and won't be used.

I have a 6D coming and will take pictures of how I did the 5H to 500 dial when I change it out for the 6D.

In the meantime here are some side shots of it together.

Dan/Panther

Now you need some clear tubing,  run handset cord wires through it, add the spade ends for a clear handset cord.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Ktownphoneco

Doug, I'm wondering if you were to take Dan's idea one step further, and pick up some appropriate sized clear plastic tubing, insert a black, red and white conductor inside the tubing (leave extra tubing and wire so it can be accurately cut afterwards),and get a 3/8" of an inch wooden dowel, wrap the tubing around the dowel so each loop is tight to the other, carefully heat the tubing on the dowel and let cool.      Would that create a clear, and curly handset cord ?    If it does, you could then add the restraint hardware at each end.   

Just a thought to add to your thought.

Jeff

FABphones

Or, for a cheap ready made clear handset cord, nick one off a clear (takes deep breath) Mybelle type phone.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

As promised pictures of the 302 to 500 finger wheel.
I also changed the gongs around too so that the corroded gong is less visible. 

Got my 6D dial today thanks to my friend and fellow forum member Jeff Lamb.

Key2871

KEN

Pourme

That looks really nice!.....Great job!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Scott

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Doug....one sharp looking phone,  you did a fantastic job. You cannot even see the glued on piece in the pictures. Nice job on this....other Doug
Kidphone