"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1963 model 500 barn find

Started by bushman, February 09, 2010, 08:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

What did you use to clean it with?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: JorgeAmely on February 09, 2010, 11:38:10 PM
Bill:

No one here is old or dated.  Maybe we should all select a week where we temporarily replace our avatars with our own pictures.

Notice I said "temporarily".  ;D ;D ;D

Ok.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Craig T

Nice Briny, looks like you are strong to the finish from eating your spinach  :)

bushman

I soaked all of the plastic in Dawn dishwashing liquid and hot water for about a 1/2 hour. Then proceeded to clean items with a soft sponge. Then used a combination of maguires plastic x and novus #2 and a terry cloth buffing pad. The cords were hand wiped with industrial 409 until clean. then gone over again with plain water to remove any remaining chemicals.  I'm still a noob at this but I am happy with the results.

Bushman

Doug Rose

Bushman....this is what the hobby is all about. You have resurrected this from the dead. Your work is detailed and flawless. The handset cord alone is unbelievable. You should be very proud. This is they way a vintage phone should look. Display this proudly.....Doug
Kidphone