News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Invitation to The Conference Call

Started by paul-f, April 23, 2010, 12:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Welcome Dave, we talked for an hour, really had a great time.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

the call was grand fun! also very moving to be a small part in preserving history.

i started an "official documentation" of the call here.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2571.0
donna

paul-f

Anyone wanting to listen to the recorded call can do so here:

Call: 712-432-3903

Enter Conference Access Code: 102060#

Enter: 0#   (For the most recent recording.)

Long distance rates may apply, depending on your plan and location.

The call lasts just over an hour.  The first few minutes include Dan's historic statement and introductory comments.

You can skip backward (*1) and forward (*2).

If you wait until tomorrow, we will have a downloadable .wav file available.  The full file is over 26MB.  Details will follow.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Jim Stettler

I would like to say thanks to Paul for setting up this call.

And thanks to D/P for finding "THE" phone. It is quite an interesting phone in the timeline of the 500 series.

I had a lot of fun on the thread.
Jim s.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Phonesrfun

Hi Dave:

Welcome to the forum.

This was done via a regular conference call via reglular phone lines, however, I did conference Colin Chambers in over C*Net using the conference button on my Panasonic 616, and from my C*Net to his.

I don't think anyone here knows how to set up a SIP to do this any other way than was done today.  There are only a handful of us dabbling in C*Net at the moment, and I am probably one of the newest. 

This is actually the first conference call we have held, but something tells me it is not going to be the last.  Everyone had a lot of fun and it was great to hear peoples voices when we are used to seeing their writings only.

The call was also recorded so if you want to hear it, you can dial into that number, which I think was also posted in this thread.

-Bill G

paul-f

Conference Call Audio -- Part 1

Here's a .mp3 file of Dan's opening comments -- The first audio from the restored D-177001!

Dennis Markham

Paul, great audio clip.  Nice job on putting that together!

I also enjoyed the conference call and speaking "live" with all of you.  It was fun and hopefully something we can do again in the future.

Thank you to everyone that made this possible!

paul-f

Conference Call Audio
The full audio file is now available!
At the following URL you will find:

• three versions of the entire conference recording
  • 2 versions of Dan's remarks (The larger file was previously posted above.)

You can choose among larger files (higher bit rate, so presumably better audio quality) or smaller files to conserve download time and disk space.

Click on a filename to listen or right-click and "Save Target As..." to download.

The files are posted TEMPORARILY (for at least a month), so download a copy if desired.

Dan/Panther

Paul;
Thanks for making this available so quickly, and for the editing.
When the Hollywood version Movie comes out, I'll see if James Earl Jones can dub my voice.
D/P

bwanna

what're talkin' about, dan. you have a great speaking voice :)
donna

Dan/Panther

I'm glad you think so, when I hear my own voice, I think Shut Up...... :o
D/P

bwanna

i am listening to the recording...sounds pretty good....who was the the ditzy broad, tho :o ::)

i am sure there is a way to make a slide show to go along with the recording ??? that would be pretty cool.

dan...didn't you take a picture while you were on the call? you should stage one, if you didn't.
donna

mienaichizu

I would really like to join the conference but darn I here in the Philippines so long distance charges are very expensive. I'll just listen to the recorded phone call

Dan/Panther

mienaichizu;
We are going to figure out a way to tie this thing to the internet so everyone in the world that wants to call in will be able to. I don't know how but we will figure it out.

Donna;
I had a couple photos to choose from, I posted one last night. When you get my age you have to be selective about photos you show to other people.
Like Greg said, Photos seem to distort facts beyond reason..
D/P

bwanna

i think briny/greg mentioned the cost of the call, also. i have POTS but do not subscribe to a long distance service. (free on the cell). i have one of those calling cards that you dial in a number, then enter a PIN. the charge is 49cents to connect/ 1cent per min. so that the call cost me $1.09. the card cost $5
donna