Main Menu

E1 Pricing

Started by marty, February 10, 2011, 11:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern P

Noted, thanks for the info.

Vern P

Sargeguy

I use two small strap wrenches going in opposite directions for the really tough ones.

EXHIBIT C:
Item number:   350437965963

$57.99 plus $12 S&H Looks like a #5 or #4 dial.  Wish my PayPal wasn't frozen
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

EXHIBIT D:

Item number:   280628841686

Sold for $38 plus $6.05 S & H

This one had a hairline crack along the edge of spitcup but the little gold D-1 shaped coin holder was included.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rp2813

I have a stuck bakelite cap on the receiver end of my E1, and as a result can't remove the receiver element, which I think needs replacing. 

When I inquired about using a hairdryer on it, one of the experts here advised that the hairdryer method has been found to work well when stuck items are both made out of bakelite.  There apparently is no guarantee that the hairdryer will work when bakelite is stuck onto aluminum but it's worth a try. 

I don't own a hairdryer and keep forgetting to pick one up when I'm at the thrift stores, so haven't tried it yet.
Ralph

Sargeguy

I am bald and do not own a dryer either.  Try warming it up in the oven on the lowest setting for about 5-10 minutes.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

LarryInMichigan

I have used the hairdryer method on stuck E1 caps with success.

Larry

rp2813

Larry, thanks for sharing your success story.  I will definitely try the heat method along with a strap wrench to get the receiver cap off of my E1.  I'd like to use my D1 phone more, but that 557 element is way hollow and squawky and I think it needs replacing.
Ralph

bingster

The 557 does have a tinny sound to it, and that can't be overcome--it's just the nature of the beast.  That said, the quality isn't really that bad, so if yours is difficult to listen to, there may indeed be a problem with it.  Check to see that the diaphragm isn't bent, and is free from corrosion.  Remember to never pull the diaphragm away from the element or snap it back on--always slide it off to the side, and slide it back on from the side.
= DARRIN =

marty

Hi All;
I just got in my E1 Handset... It needs another Mouthpiece cap.. As the one it has is Chipped on one side and , Cracked and chipped on the opposite side... And it has No Cord... But it unscrews... Pictures at 6:00...
THANK YOU Marty

HarrySmith

I have an E1 with chipped mouthpiece also. If you find some let me know!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

marty

Hi All;
Pictures of E1..
THANK YOU Marty

rp2813

So are you going to switch it out with the F1 and see how it receives and transmits?
Ralph

marty

Hi All;
No, not for daily use, even though I might try it out as you say just to compare... But If I need to Sell it I want the Correct Handset for it... But for right now, no, the F1 is better, or so I am told...
THANK YOU Marty

Vern P

I have nice E1 hand set for sale at $35 + ship.
These and other stuff is posted in for sale.

Vern P

rp2813

Bing, thanks for the additional 557B information.  I'm sort of remembering the diaphragm not being perfectly flat last time I saw it.  I'm going to make it a point to pick up a blow dryer on my next trip to the thrift store.
Ralph