News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1937 302 on ebay!!!!!!

Started by Kenny C, July 28, 2010, 10:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger

Bill Geurts or Kidphone (or anyone else who has one or knows!) - on the 1937 metal 302's with the vented handholds, are the vents cast into the actual housing on these, or are they cast into the piece that attaches to the housing (that holds the switchhook, etc.)?
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

Phonesrfun

The latter.  Same arrangement as the later models, with the handhold recess being a separate piece that is screwed in along with holding the hookswitch in place.
-Bill G

Kenny C

Good price for it. It would be fairly easy to find an E1 handset from 1937 I have one myself.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

I think this went rather high since there was no proof of matching dates on the elements or the dial. Did not show riveted feet or the wood separator inside. Nice phone, it just seems high to me....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Yep, pretty high all right.  I did see the wood separator and you can see the tops of the rivets in the photos, but you can't see the quality of the feet.

-Bill G

easytiger

Quote from: Phonesrfun on August 02, 2010, 03:34:54 PM
The latter.  Same arrangement as the later models, with the handhold recess being a separate piece that is screwed in along with holding the hookswitch in place.

Thanks, Bill, much appreciated.
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

Doug Rose

Bill...thanks...you are correct on the wood separater, clear in two pictures. Old age is setting in....Doug
Kidphone