Started by Kenny C, March 17, 2010, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I was just wondering because I saw one in gatlinburg from 7-59
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

1957. Here's a wonderful website that I have referred to so much I have the info memorized.

http://www.paul-f.com/color.htm

There is a soft plastic 1958 on ebay right now with a buy it now of $35 if you like the older ones
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

is it pink i need one 4 my sister
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

Sorry I looked at the '58 for you but it has a crack.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

I always thought 59 was the first year, and Paul F's site says 1959 also.

Dan, can you send a link to the e-bay 1958 auction?

-Bill G

jsowers

Here is the link to the phone. It has a cracked earcap, but it doesn't look really bad. It also has quite a bit of fade (pink soft plastic fades lighter). Note the handset is pinker on top. The cords are also faded a lot, which is normal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330414843786

Pink began in mid-1957 along with aqua blue, light gray, white and light beige.
Jonathan

Phonesrfun

My appologies.  Boy did I do a brain fart!  I was thinking this thread was "When did the pink Princess come out?", and yet nowhere does it say Princess  It clearly says WE 500.  

I guess I need to get new glasses or something.  Yes 1957.  It was the Princess that came out in 1959.
-Bill G

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dan

My 3-58 pink has leather, my 10-58 light grey has plastic. I am going to guess by mid 1958 they switched over....

jsowers

Quote from: Dan on March 19, 2010, 07:22:14 AM
My 3-58 pink has leather, my 10-58 light grey has plastic. I am going to guess by mid 1958 they switched over....

The announcement about the feet changing was on an 8-58 bill insert I saw on eBay once. I didn't win it. Since that's also my birth month, I have a few phones from that month and the early August ones have leather feet and the later ones have the Neoprene feet.
Jonathan