News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Victim Of A Clock Transformation

Started by GusHerb, March 22, 2010, 09:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusHerb

I just found this on YT, it's a pretty interesting way to mutate a 500. It would be neat if it were still fully functional with that clock contraption, although I bet it could still be used for answering as it is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hbKLxbDhoU&hd=1
Jonathan

LarryInMichigan

I can hardly bare to watch it.  At least the phone that he destroyed was a 1970s black NE 500.  The dial bezel sure looks like it's from an older model though with the large hold for the finger stop.  I certainly hope that he doesn't post any videos showing how to turn an AE34 into a lamp or an SC1211 into a planter.

bellsystemproperty

Honestly I flagged that video for "harmful or dangerous content". Hopefully it'll get removed by Youtube. That clock doesn't even look that good. It looks like a trashy made in China clock from the dollar store, worse actually. And the idiot probably threw away all the good parts. Maybe I'll message the "human" and perhaps talk some sense into him. We must stop people like this before they spread and infect their sick ideas upon the healthy.

bingster

If one were serious about doing this, I'd think a clock bezel that fits the dial opening (with the dial completely removed) would make for a much better job.  With the hands sitting open like that, they'd be easily damaged. That said, either way you're butchering a good phone.
= DARRIN =

Steve

I'm waiting for the digital version before I buy one...
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

gpo706

What an utterly pointless exercise, the end result doesn't even look good, just a cheap mechanism on a misaligned dial.

&&&&-poor.

Lets give the bloke a real challenge and make him convert it to a working phone again with no help from anyone here?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

rp2813

What an absolutely confused mess that kid has made.

So what time is it on that schitzoid dial?  10:10? 4:10?  3:50?  Shouldn't the clock be running backwards to make best use of the dial that NE has provided?  Well of course we all know what time it is.  It's time to put that phone back the way it was.

A clear indication that the French Connection is still firmly in place north of the border.  Or is it just the phone that's Canadian?

This is one kid that needs to go watch some TV or play some video games in his spare time.
Ralph

GusHerb

According to his profile he's in Vermont. Doing what was done to that phone was not cool for sure, it's MORE FUNCTIONAL as what it was built as... A PHONE.
Jonathan

Jim Stettler

I used to have a spare dial ring for a 5302. I had thought about using it as a
clock face, I was going to use a reversable process so I could always save the ring.

My plan as a clock face was to keep the dial orientation proper and use a counter-clockwise motor.

I never got around to ordering a counter-clockwise movement And I gave the dial ring to a colllector that needed it.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.