News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two Restored WECo Manual Sets

Started by cihensley@aol.com, July 17, 2010, 07:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

I know this a rotary dial Forum, but I thought you may be interested in two WECo manual sets I recently restored. The first is a WECo 20H candlestick. I had the finish re-nickeled. The set was missing the receiver, but I found the proper OST receiver for it. The second is a WECo 323W wall set. I had the switch hook, transmitter cup and bells re-nickeled. The black finish was in good shape except for some worn spots and chips. I feather sanded them and applied japanning. I will mount the 323 on my revolving wall display cabinet. The pliers under the 323 were to hold it upright for the picture.

JorgeAmely

Looks very good from here Chuck. Did you replace the receiver cord? It looks new. How does it look inside?
Jorge

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Is the WECo candlestick a clear one? Better hide it from Jim S if it is. Oh yes, I forgot...don't bother to hide it.

Terry

cihensley@aol.com

Here is the photo of the candle stick I mentioned above. I thought I had posted it with the message but apparently not.

Chuck

JorgeAmely

Nice, very nice. Who did the nickel plating?

Jorge

Doug Rose

Now I know why I didn't see it! It was reflecting the other phone. That is just a superb phone....Doug
Kidphone

cihensley@aol.com

Jorge - Monsen Silversmiths, a Berkeley plating company.

Chuck