News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Telic" telephone?

Started by Greg G., December 26, 2010, 03:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Vas ist das?  The seller doesn't know either, you can tell by the clueless overpricing.  I can forgive them somewhat, I couldn't find anything on it either.  European?

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/clt/2082954015.html ( dead link 03-03-21 )

Quotetelic rotary dial phone - $1000 (b'ham)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-27, 9:08PM PST
Reply to: sale-cnbys-2082954015@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$1,000 OBO old "Telic" rotary dial office phone.

I googled this and can not find anything on it so I have no idea what it's worth.

Would look good in your collection of old phones.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2082954015
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

It looks somewhat European.  Intersting, but not very stylish.  You could wait a couple of weeks and offer the seller $20.

Larry

Sargeguy

That logo almost looks like the Western Electric "Hawthorn" script.  The handset looks older than the rest of the phone.  It seems like it has a mixture of post-war and pre-war features, or maybe the dial is newer than the other parts.  There is a German company  "Telic GmbH" that seems to make black boxes and other "telemetry devices".
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Bill

Hmmm. It sounds like one of the eastern European languages, especially with the accent over the "e". It translates as Slovenian for "heifers", for example. In Croatian it is "calves".

In Welch, it comes across as "relic".

Not sure either of these is very helpful, but ...

Bill

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 26, 2010, 09:38:31 AM
It looks somewhat European.  Intersting, but not very stylish.  You could wait a couple of weeks and offer the seller $20.

Larry

$20, maybe, if it was nearby, but Bellingham is way too far, on the Canadian border.  Like you said, interesting, but not really my style.  I'm just curious on who/what TELIC is.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Bill on December 26, 2010, 11:30:25 AM
Hmmm. It sounds like one of the eastern European languages, especially with the accent over the "e". It translates as Slovenian for "heifers", for example. In Croatian it is "calves".

In Welch, it comes across as "relic".

Not sure either of these is very helpful, but ...

Bill

Try French:  http://tinyurl.com/244arjl  

eBay France has a few: http://tinyurl.com/256gj52  I tried to convert the Euro into USD, but am confused on their use of the comma in the prices.  Is the comma the equivalent of a decimal?  That's the only way the prices make any sense.

Any guess on the era?  I'm thinking 30s.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Yes, many European countries use the comma for the decimal, and vise versa. 
-Bill G