News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

No results for "Show unread posts since last visit."

Started by CanadianGuy, December 30, 2019, 09:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianGuy

I don't come here too often, but lately when I click said link, I don't get any results. Maybe it's my smartphone? Thanks

dsk

CanadianGuy

Figures, I tried it just now and it's working again. Sorry

Dan/Panther

Maybe a glitch. Usually we have had in the past quite a few posts each day. Lately it has been slow, then today an entire page.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Sometimes, I screw up and lose part of my unread topics by logging out.

When you get the empty  "recent unread post" page. There is a blue bar that reads:
"No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you click there, it will bring up all unread posts in your account.  I have 591 pages of unread posts going back to 2008, occasionally, I read some of them.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

andre_janew

I've done that myself and brought a few back to life by posting something.

Nick in Manitou

After being away from the forum for an extended period, I came back and when I pressed the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit" button...and I got nothing!

I tried it again and got the same result...until I happened to scroll down and realized that because of the resolution on my computer, all of the results were below the visible area on my monitor!

I wonder if the same thing might be happening to others. Try scrolling down. Just a thought.

Nick

Jim Stettler

Hey Nick,
Glad you popped in.

There is a link to show all unread posts on that page. It is in the second blue bar.

It will show every post you haven't read, starting with the most recent.
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Nick in Manitou

Hey Jim!

Yes, I realized that what I was looking for was there...just out of sight!

Now I hit that button and scroll down!

Nick