News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Large "Bell System" ringer/alarm?

Started by CanadianGuy, March 12, 2021, 11:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianGuy

I go to this CO quite often and I've never noticed this unit before. It's in the basement and was probably abandoned a long time ago. Any idea?

< Edit 03-13-21: Image removed, rotated, reattached >

Doug Rose

Two very Nice 684 Subsets that work perfectly with a stick, B1 or D1 that will fit in your bag no problems  8) ....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 13, 2021, 08:11:35 AM
Two very Nice 684 Subsets that work perfectly with a stick, B1 or D1 that will fit in your bag no problems  8) ....Doug

Registration Agreement, Paragraph 2

"Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we actively monitor posted messages for compliance with this Agreement but the Forum is not responsible for the content contained within any posts. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well."

This forum does not condone or encourage theft of property from anyone or any place at anytime.

Key2871

As for the alarms, why would they be in the basement of the CO? Seems a bit odd for a location, unless they felt they would sound loudly outside at night if an attendant was not on duty.
KEN

CanadianGuy

I didn't think his post was anything but sarcasm, but I see where you're coming from. I  wouldn't want to risk my job taking anything :) Thanks for the replies so far!

Doug Rose

Quote from: TelePlay on March 13, 2021, 10:54:23 AM
Registration Agreement, Paragraph 2

"Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we actively monitor posted messages for compliance with this Agreement but the Forum is not responsible for the content contained within any posts. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well."

This forum does not condone or encourage theft of property from anyone or any place at anytime.

Sorry to offend, It was humor. I thought is was taken as such
Kidphone

shadow67

This one is right outside my office door. According to our maint. person this building was built in 1957.

HarrySmith

Obviously not in use and quite an eyesore. Maybe they would like to have it removed?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

those chime ringers were massive! must weight at least 10 pounds!
John

leejor

CO switchs usually had various types of alarms to indicate severity. Now-a-days, many CO's are unmanned, so no one hears them any longer, everything is monitored in a central location. When I worked in Step, there were four switchrooms on various floor. The chimes would pulse out a code, to let us know where the stuck switch, or blown fuse, was located