News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Xlink My experince after some months of using it.

Started by dsk, September 07, 2010, 04:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Now I have a stable X-link, and I have bought another too so I will have the possibility to have one at job too. (I have only one Siemens 1911  ;)

dsk

Greg G.

Quote from: mentalstampede on February 15, 2017, 02:22:10 AM
Has anyone tried connecting an xlink too the CO connector on a Panasonic 308 or 616 system?

Yes, I did, see this post: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3328.msg44173#msg44173

It worked fine for what I wanted to do, use the rotary dials on my cell line when I had no POTS line.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: dsk on September 19, 2019, 02:15:27 PM
Now I have a stable X-link, and I have bought another too so I will have the possibility to have one at job too. (I have only one Siemens 1911  ;)

dsk

Good to hear.  I imagine the quality and technology has improved in the last 9 years.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

Quote from: Brinybay on September 24, 2019, 08:34:43 PM
Good to hear.  I imagine the quality and technology has improved in the last 9 years.
yes it has, at least the last 109 years :-)

I have to admit that the receiver is a little weak, and the transmitter had to be replaced, it was dead!

dsk

Greg G.

Quote from: dsk on September 26, 2019, 12:53:52 PM
yes it has, at least the last 109 years :-)

I have to admit that the receiver is a little weak, and the transmitter had to be replaced, it was dead!

dsk

I meant the X-link.  ;)
- Mike Row
e

markosjal

I have two of these units the xlink one bttn (with pstn port) and a siemens one branded unit. Since i am a linux user , i was wondering if anyone has windows 7 software as that us the only windows i have available and the one i get fro web now requires windows 8
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Telefon

For the past several months I have been using a bttn to drive a handful of WE rotary phones, with the landline port connected to an obi200 for my Google Voice number. So far it's working perfectly.

markosjal

I have two xlinks if anyone is interested . One is NOS in box the other is used. Both are older models

dsk

I have played a little bit more with this, and connecting the X-link to a voip line via cellphone has not been easy, but problem solved: ;D ;D ;D
If you have an old Smsung phone, it has voip setup in the original software, and that is the only one I know that lets the phone ring on the X-link.   The drawback is the missing dial plan setup.  The best app for that I have found is the GS-Wave, but that does not connect well enough to the X-link. No other apps I got does that eighter. So I had to try out something else, and I found an app made for Samsung, and got it downloaded and intalled on my phone, and it solved it all ;D  The X-link may have 3 cellphones connected. If I use an old cellphone (that should have been recycled) without sim-card but with these apps I have a perfect adaper that accepts badly tuned dials, and has  an OK quality else.

The app did I download from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-we-voip/samsung-we-voip-4-8-1-0-release/?fbclid=IwAR3a5k0oAIEy6cK7fNArmxzxeU0oiSR0Bt2rQq8JQOdqbX0rNCDEOvoLIE8
This link takes you directly to the download page, but you have to start the download by yourselves.

dsk

I actually do not know how that app helped on the one-plus, but it did. It does not do anythin on an old Lenovo phone!

markosjal

I sold my two units on eBay several months ago. Someone actually paid to ship one all the way to Europe. The other was purchased and shipped to USA . They were Okay to mess with but I prefer higher quality calling so I can truly judge the voice quality of a phone and VoIP does that better for me than a bluetooth to cel connection , with all of the problems of bluetooth and cell.

saltinesurfer

Quote from: dsk on August 23, 2019, 10:49:10 AMThank you I found an old PC, and did that, the last version software made it possible to upgrade to 64 bit too,

Dear Dsk, or indeed anyone else that may be able to help,

I've an old X-link BTTN on a very old firmware (0114) version and I'm wondering if you still have the XWizard 32bit setup file downloaded somewhere on your PC that's able to upgrade the XLink?

X-link support haven't been very forthcoming in sending me this old version that would upgrade it to 64 bit compatible.. I guess they'd prefer I bought a new one! From what I gather, software v0213 was the last 32bit version made and is able to do the 64bit upgrade. But if anyone has a newer setup file to the one I have (0114) that you could upload, I would be very grateful to receive it!

Many thanks.

dsk

Sorry. I did not save that software. Now I have a newer PC.

saltinesurfer

Quote from: dsk on March 28, 2023, 02:16:46 PMSorry. I did not save that software. Now I have a newer PC.
Ah thats a shame, but thank you for getting back to me though. I have started a new thread asking the same question - I'm hoping someone has the installer!

markosjal

Quote from: saltinesurfer on March 28, 2023, 06:27:29 AMDear Dsk, or indeed anyone else that may be able to help,

I've an old X-link BTTN on a very old firmware (0114) version and I'm wondering if you still have the XWizard 32bit setup file downloaded somewhere on your PC that's able to upgrade the XLink?

X-link support haven't been very forthcoming in sending me this old version that would upgrade it to 64 bit compatible.. I guess they'd prefer I bought a new one! From what I gather, software v0213 was the last 32bit version made and is able to do the 64bit upgrade. But if anyone has a newer setup file to the one I have (0114) that you could upload, I would be very grateful to receive it!

Many thanks.

I have some old versions around and maybe even have it installed on a VM (Windows XP version??). Will see what I can find. I have asked where we can make a software archive here for exactly that purpose. I do not believe it ever got created.