News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted, Wiring info for Western Electric 50AL candlestick to 634BA Sub

Started by Jf510, December 15, 2015, 04:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

By connecting the ringer to BK and L2Y, then strapping BK and L2Y terminals together....you have shorted out the ringer!

Rather, connect red ringer wire to L1, black ringer wire to K, slate (gray) capacitor wire to K, and yellow capacitor wire to L2Y.  Connect the telephone line (red) to L1 and (green) to L2Y.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jf510

I changed the ringer wiring per popular1. I left that jumper on in the 634BA that was from the L2/Y to BK that was mentioned earlier in the forum and the phone works great. It dials with no ring or popping and the 634 rings fine so thanks so much for everyone's help. You guys are amazing. Now I will move to my other 50AL that I want replace the 5H dial with a 2H. I am also using a 634BA box on that one too. Hopefully it will end up working well too.

Jf510

I was a little wrong on my other 50AL. It goes to a 534A and not 634BA. I changed the 5H with the 2H and followed the exact wiring as the other 50AL. The phone rings and dials out fine now but I have a low dial tone. Under the wood terminal there is I would think a capacitor with 2 leads. Then in front is that coil looking thing with 1,2,3 &4. I never touched that wiring from when I bought the box. Is my wiring correct? Do I need to make any changes? Thanks again for your help.