News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 2500 Set Does Not Ring

Started by Doug Rose, February 26, 2011, 12:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found a nice WE 2500 today. It is in beautiful condition, but does not ring. Am I missing something on the wiring?? ....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Doug, I don' t have the wiring scheme with the 2500 memorized so I opened up one that I have.  I'm still checking but it looks like the black ringer wire needs to go to L1 with the green wire from the line/modular plug.

Dennis Markham

Doug, double check your ringer connections.  They should be as follows:

Slate/Red - A terminal

Black - L1 (along with Green from Line)

Red - L2 (along with Red from Line)

Gray - Terminal K

Yours don't look right in the photo.

The TCI wiring diagram is here:       http://goo.gl/7psYx

dsk beat me to the punch in posting the schematic.

I added a pic showing some of the terminals.  Some are clearly marked, some are difficult to see.  It doesn't look like you have a polarity guard in that set so if it doesn't dial out, sometimes swapping red/green line cord wires helps.

Doug Rose

Dennis....which one is the gray? I think I have everything else as instructed...Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

There should be 4 wires from the ringer.  One black, one red,  one that is striped---red/slate and the last one is either gray or white.  In the early days they were white (or slate actually).  The one on my 2500 is Gray and not white.  They actually attach to the same lettered terminals as on the 425B network (500), they're just in a different place.

You might have to loosen the two ringer screws and lift it away from the network in order to see what's what.  Looks like a lot of wires jumbled up there.