News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Working on a green ITT 554

Started by Nilsog, July 12, 2011, 11:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

You COULD make it work by connecting the Red and Green (short wires) to the transmitter.  They could then be the same as ITT Red and Black.  At the network end connect Red to terminal "R" .  The Green wire to terminal "B".

The long Yellow and Black wire of your cord could then be connected to "R" and "GN".

In summation:

Short Green & Red to the transmitter cup.  The other end at the network = Red to "R", Green to "B".

Long Yellow & Black Wire......connect to the receiver element and the other end at the Network to "R" and "GN".

That should work but as I mentioned, the cord is not designed for the Western Electric/ITT/Northern Electric.  That strain relief hook is unused.

Nilsog

That did it, you're a genius, Dennis!

But now I have a new problem... the dial doesn't work apparently.
Ken

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Nilsog on July 25, 2011, 02:48:42 PM
But now I have a new problem... the dial doesn't work apparently.

Tell us more information on why/how the dial does not work.

No genius status here......sometimes it helps to improvise.  Glad you could make the cord work.

Nilsog

I think I figured the dial out, I removed it from the back and fiddled with it a bit. The part that makes the clicks was stuck apparently. Im going to steal the finger wheel off my other 500 to see if it dials properly now.
Ken

Nilsog

Alright, everything seems to be working fine now! Just need to acquire a finger wheel and this baby will be ready for service. Well, a finger wheel and it will be in service... But a need a little courage and skill to make it look nice haha
Ken