News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

307 H7 Help

Started by Nilsog, August 26, 2011, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilsog

One of the phones I grabbed in Gilead, its marked mostly 12/49. I read that the H7 was for party lines and local battery talking... is there any way to make this work on a regular landline? The original cord had been snipped but was still connected inside. It looked normal other than it had a 5th line that was blue. I'll post pictures of the wiring if needed.

I connected a regular line in and got a dialtone, but it acts like the handset is off the hook even if its not and eventually it goes to the recorded message about needing help or hanging up and dialing again. Any ideas?
Ken

rdelius

I would replace the induction coil with one out of a 302 set and rewire to 302 standards. You can reuse the other components even though they are somewhat different
Robby

Nilsog

Thanks, I'll see if I can find one.
Ken

Babybearjs

Ken,
I have several 307's and was able to convert them all to CB the Jumper on the C terminal needs to go to C and to BL on the 104 inductor coil, the black reciever wire goes to the BK terminal on the dial or blank the Blue wire on the line cord doesn't do anything, so put it on the E terminal on the small terminal strip and the black line cord wire just stays were it is.. all other connections should be the same... your phone should work now... I had to compare the wiring schematics from both the 302 and the 307 to see the difference. it took me a while, but I did get my 307's to all work!
John

Nilsog

That did the trick! You're the man!
Ken

Babybearjs

you are welcome! the key was noting that on the 104 coil there is a break between windings. the jumper fixes that and then all you have to do is wire the reciever correctly and the phone will work. I love my 307's and am always looking for more, and even the 400 series key telephone sets that matched the 300 series.  hope you enjoy your 307. my it last you another 100 years of service!  john
John

Babybearjs

---Revision--- I got another 307. after cleaning it up, I made the changes that I noted earlier... No dial tone... Hmmmm
What did I do wrong?? after restudying the schematic, I took the Black reciever wire and connected it to the R-BK terminal on the inductor.... I got the dial tone with no problem.... so, to convert a 307, and a 309A phone, do the following...  1. take the red/wht jumper off of the C terminal. 2. connect it to terminal C and terminal BL. 3. move the Blue line cord wire to terminal E. 4. move the Black Reciever wire from the BK terminal to the R-BK terminal in the inductor. all other connections stay the same. to silence the bell, or to add a switch to the bell connect the Black bell wire to the Blue wire on the E terminal and the Slate wire to the Yellow wire on the GND terminal.... you now can add a switch to the other end of the line cord. (providing you are using a 5 Conductor cord., otherwise connect the red bell wire to the yellow wire on the GND terminal and your switch will be between the Red and Yellow wires on the line cord.)
John