News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 Number Plate Replacement (4H Dial)

Started by George Knighton, December 20, 2012, 10:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Knighton

I decided to replace the number plate on my 4H, and instead of taking the easy way out bought a whole plate instead of just a vinyl overlay.

But...I'm afraid it's not obvious how to get the number plate off.

I searched here but don't see a specific how-to-do.

I'll be embarrassed if I missed a sticky or something, but could anybody give me or point me to directions for replacing the number plate on a 4H dial?
Annoying new poster.

LarryInMichigan

There are at least a couple of different ways that finger wheels can be attached and at least a couple of ways that number plates are attached.  Have you removed the finger wheel?  The number plate is held by a metal ring which is held in place either by metal tabs or screws.  If you see screws, remove them.  If there are no screws, you should be able to pull the ring out, releasing the number plate.

Larry

George Knighton

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 20, 2012, 10:35:51 PM
There are at least a couple of different ways that finger wheels can be attached and at least a couple of ways that number plates are attached.  Have you removed the finger wheel?  The number plate is held by a metal ring which is held in place either by metal tabs or screws.  If you see screws, remove them.  If there are no screws, you should be able to pull the ring out, releasing the number plate.

Larry

No screws.  Just pulling the ring out sounds dangerous in the hands of a nincompoop but I'll give that a go this evening.  :-)

Thanks very much for your help, and I hope I don't mess up a 4H in the process!
Annoying new poster.

HowardPgh

That ring pulls out easily. It is just held in by 3 tabs.
Pull it off and the number plate lifts out.-Howard
Howard

Dennis Markham

Once you get the dial plate off there is a paper dust cover.  If you take that off there will be a clip underneath.  Make sure you make note of how that is positioned.  It can be difficult to put it back in place if you do it wrong.  Just make note of the position of it and you'll be OK.