News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE90 wont ring

Started by AE90, January 20, 2013, 07:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE90

Picked up an AE90 and hooked it up, checked the wiring diagram here and everything matches.
Only way i can get a dial tone is to use 8 and 21. But no ring.
Attached some photos, so if anyone can help please let me know
Thanks

G-Man

A couple of starters:

• Does it have a frequency ringer?

• Is it wired for bridged or party-line ringing?
One these questions are answered we can proceed further..

AE90

Im new to this but by checking other posts I believe it is a straight line ringer. Ill include a picture.

Unfortunately I dont know enough to tell if it is wired for bridged or party line ringing.

Any easy way to tell?

Thanks

AE_Collector

Yes that is a SL ringer but with the black on 9 it is set up for partyline ringing. Either move the black from 9 to 6 or to 8 (doesn't matter). Are there 2 wires on 16? There should be a ringer and a capacitor lead connected together there.

Line cord L1 green is 8 and L2 red is 10.

Terry

AE90

Hi, thanks for the advice.
haven't had time to try it till now.
Here's what happened.

There are two wires on 16. In fact all the wiring matches the wiring diagram I found here.
Attached line in green to L1/10 and line in red to L2/8 and couldn't get a dial tone,
until I accidentally moved the dial.
Turns out I had a bad contact when the dial is in the rest position, cleaned and adjusted it it and now everything works fine.
Now if only my service provider supported pulse dialing, oh well at least I can here that great ring.
Really appreciate the help

AE90

Hey I almost forgot, moved the black ringer wire from 9 to 8 as advised to get it Ringing