News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BK1045

Started by jfrutschy, June 14, 2013, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrutschy

I used my analyzer on my AE50's with party ringers, they rang perfectly.  unfortunately I had no clue of the frequency and party ringer system so I assumed them to be functioning ringers.  I have also used it on all my phones and my two AE50's with straight line ringers which tested properly.

Is there a setting I need to be aware of regarding these party line ringers versus straight line ringers?

And if any and all of the phones I have restored test properly should they not work properly on a regular telephone line, which I do not have, so subsequently.. the BK1045.  Lovingly called the  "BINFORD 6900"   :o

Again.....Many Thanks for all the help

twocvbloke

Quote from: jfrutschy on June 14, 2013, 11:07:43 PMLovingly called the  "BINFORD 6900"   :o

"Arr arr arr!!!" :D

G-Man

We explained frequency ringing (not party-line) earlier but once more here are few of the individual frequencies that were used;

16.6~ 25~ 33.3~ 50~
66~ 20~ 30~ 42~ 54~ 66~

You should be able to identify most ringers by the numbers printed or stamped upon them.
Your particular analyzer outputs only 20~ ringing voltages. The ringers you tested were either straight-line or 20~ ringers if the responded to your test.

BK 1045B 2 Line Telephone Tester

Features
   Provide basic operation tests for corded and cordless telephones, answering             
                machines, fax machines, and automatic dialers
   Checks line and headset cord for continuity, shorts, and intermittents
   Verifies number dialed or redialed (pulse or Touch-Tone)
   Verifies that voice and DTMF levels are above minimum
   Provides low and normal ring tests
   Tests two-line phones
   Tests automatic polarity circuit in telephone, assuring that telephone will work if
                polarity is reversed

Description
   2 Line Telephone Tester

Provides basic operation tests for corded and cordless telephones, answering machines, fax machines and automatic dialers Checks line and handset cord for continuity, shorts and intermittents Verifies number dialed or redialed (pulse or Touch Tone®) Verifies that voice and DTMF levels are above minimum required level Provides low and normal ring tests Tests two-line phones Tests automatic polarity circuit in telephone, assuring that telephone will work if polarity of telephone is reversed.

Specifications

Telephone Line Simulation   Single or two telephone operation
DC Line Voltage   52V ± 15%, 1.5k ohms. source impedance
Current   28 mA nominal (off hook)
Auxiliary Line Voltage   5 to 7 VAC, 60 Hz to operate light in telephone
Polarity Test Switch   Reverses telephone line polarity with momentary switch
Single/Aux (Two-Line) Switch   Permits testing two-line telephones
Voice/Dial Level Indicator   Iluminates for levels greater than 0.1V
Ring Source   Frequency: 20Hz, Accuracy: ±1%Voltage (2 select level): Low - 45Vrms ± 5%, Normal - 100Vrms ± 5%
Cord Tests   Tests both telephone line and handset 2-wire and 4-wire modular cords for shorts or continuity
Reset   Sets display to "0" and removes dial tone when activated shuts off ring signal when activated
Operating Temperature   32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C)
Power   100/120/220/240 VAC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz, 25W
Dimensions (HxWxD)   3.7x9.6x11.0" (95x245x280 mm) including handle at rest position
Weight   4.4 lbs. (2 kg)

G-Man

You SHOULD have a manual but just in case here is a link to download it. It clearly states it outputs 20~ ringing.

•   https://www.bkprecision.com/downloads/manuals/en/1045B_manual.pdf