News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

5302 problems

Started by MAin 0-2368, August 19, 2011, 07:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAin 0-2368

Just got a 5302 and was doing some repairs, had to replace the ringer because the coil was open on the old one, also replaced the little plastic cam in the dial (6A) because the old one was broken. Got it working, but now that I put it back together I have lost my dial tone and when I call it, it rings, but doesn't stop ringing when I pick up the receiver. Also has a loud buzz in the receiver with each ring. Can't post photos, but I'm fairly certain the wiring is correct since it was working until I put it all back together. Have it apart now and can't see anything obvious. Also, when dialing I get a short burst of dial tone as it comes back. Any ideas?

rdelius

Check the position of the impulse cam  on the dial. There is a diagram somewhere on the site
Robby

MAin 0-2368

Quote from: rdelius on August 19, 2011, 07:40:35 PM
Check the position of the impulse cam  on the dial. There is a diagram somewhere on the site
Robby
Thanks for the suggestion, but I compared it to a working 5302 and everything in the dial is looking identical. Even tried adjusting the cam a little bit both ways and still no good.

MAin 0-2368

Don't ask me how, but i got it working. Disassembled the dial and cleaned it up and now it's working. Maybe a little gunk somewhere shorting something out?