Rose Beige
3 (8.6%)
Light Grey
2 (5.7%)
Metallic (gold or silver painted sets)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

WEBellSystemChristian

I recently got hold of a Med. blue 500, my all-time favorite phone color, and I got to thinking; which rare colors do some of the forum members prefer?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Contempra

We have only one choice , otherwise I choose Mahogany Brown too...Hi Christian ;)

Matilo Telephones

Is the color red not rare enough to make the list?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

WesternElectricBen

Matilo, red is not really a rare color, a bit less uncommon on the early one, but not tooo uncommon.

I have med blue and rose beige, which I like both very well. But I must say, either oxford or brown is my favorite.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Red isn't really a rare color, more of a color that can drive a 500 price up. In fact, I was hesitating about putting light grey up there, since it hasn't achieved "holy grail" status yet.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on December 14, 2013, 10:48:32 AM
Red isn't really a rare color, more of a color that can drive a 500 price up. In fact, I was hesitating about putting light grey up there, since it hasn't achieved "holy grail" status yet.

Hey, if you happen to have an Oxford Grey soft plastic 500, I'll be glad to stop by and pick it up, to take it off your hands, to get it out of your way, to make room in your storage area for other phones for, say, $12.00?  ;)  :D  ;D  ::)  :o  8)

JimH

I voted for Brown...it just has a richness to it.  At first glance, it looks black, and then you realize it's special. 
Jim H.

oldphon

White needs to be added, as finding one in soft plastic can be more difficult that some of these other colors!

poplar1

Quote from: oldphon on December 15, 2013, 01:38:44 AM
White needs to be added, as finding one in soft plastic can be more difficult that some of these other colors!

White (code dash 58),  Pink  (dash 59), Light Beige (-60), Light Gray (-61) and Aqua Blue (-62)  were  produced in soft plastic only from 1957 to mid-1959. It's ironic that there are so few white soft plastic 500s found, since a few years later, white was the most-produced color other than perhaps black.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Sargeguy

I don't know my favorite but Rose beige is my least favorite
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Kenton K

baldopeacock

Quote from: Sargeguy on December 29, 2013, 07:29:00 PM
I don't know my favorite but Rose beige is my least favorite

If I recall correctly (big if) -- I think the early Rose Beige is the only Western Electric color in that beige/tan etc family that has white backpainted characters, rather than black, on the dial surround.   That, and the pinkish tint to that beige, make it unique to me.   I'd like to have one.

Sargeguy

If I ever come across one you'll have first refusal!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409