News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

hookswitch

Started by jarwulf, January 14, 2014, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarwulf

I'm trying to figure out the hookswitch on this phone mostly to determine whether I need to integrate it into my project of controlling the phone through an arduino.

It has 7 wires coming out of it in two groups.

5 wires:
Red, Gray, and Yellow Connected to A
Black connected to B right next to a post that used to connect a mic and receiver wire
Brown connected to C

2 Wires
Green Connected to D at the same post to another green wire which leads to the socket that goes to the phone line

White connected to E

When the receiver is set on the cradle a piece of plastic pushes down the left side of this switch down.

How does this translate to cutting off the phone connection and muting receiver. Is this the only thing the hookswitch does?

G-Man

If you provide us with a model number we most likely can provide you with a schematic for this set. Then it would be easy for you to determine how the switchook is wired.

Typically it provides for muting the receiver and connecting/disconnecting the instrument from the line. Depending on the model other functions are addressed as well such as A-lead control, exclusion features, and for speakerphone control.

WesternElectricBen

Is this the "American Candlestick" design line phone? I checked on TCI, and I cannot find a wring sketch for it, but I think it is quite possible a Mickey Mouse telephone would have the same wiring.

Ben

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

poplar1

Going off hook:
(1) Yellow (A) and brown (C) close
(2) Green (L1) and white (F) close
(3) Yellow (A) and Slate (A) open
(4) Red (GN) and Black (R) open. (On hook, they are shorted first in sequence. This mutes the receiver.)

I believe your "D" is actually L1 and your "E" is actually F. I may have the wrong sequence on some of them.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.