News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

PTT Desk Set with Tags

Started by Fabius, April 18, 2016, 04:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Not the rarest of phones but I've wanted to get one of these that had the tags on both sides. I found one on eBay. Dated 7-65. It had the Made In Holland sticker on it, which I took off.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Matilo Telephones

Nice find. If you see one without the tags it is either damaged or a Belgian version of this model. The Belgian model also has a red button instead of a white one.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

rdelius

Radio Shack imported large numbers of Dutch sets in the mid70s put most were the Heemaf or Ericssion-Ruen.

Fabius

Quote from: rdelius on April 18, 2016, 06:16:47 PM
Radio Shack imported large numbers of Dutch sets in the mid70s put most were the Heemaf or Ericssion-Ruen.

Yes, sometimes you see the phone with the original box on eBay
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Matilo Telephones

Quote from: rdelius on April 18, 2016, 06:16:47 PM

These Standard type 1954 telephones are the least produced of these 3 PTT telephones. The Ericsson 51's are the most produced, about 50%. Heemaf about 35% and the rest is Standard.
Groeten,

Arwin

Pourme

I did a search and found this thread. Today I found this phone at a local antique store for $25. I had no idea except that it was made in Holland. From your web site Matilo I determined it is a Standard 1954. The looks of a 302 in a more up to date fuction as well as the F1 looking receiver, cool unit! Matilo, I get a humm but no dial tone. In most phone it is a improperly connected line cord. Can you look at the pics and tell me how to rewire for USA land line service? If I never get it to work that's ok, I will clean it up and proudly display it!

Edit: I see the difference in the wiring of the above phone. I see the yellow jumper wire. Is this the correct configuration? Should I copy that?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

More pics....
Benny

Matilo Telephones

Hi Pourme,

Nice find for a fair price.

It should be green on 11, red on 10 and a jumper wire between 10 and 9 to make it ring. That is, if there is a standard RJ11 on the other side.

You may also was want to check the handset cord for integrity. It looks to be connected the right way.
Groeten,

Arwin

Pourme

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on April 22, 2016, 03:11:17 PM
Hi Pourme,

Nice find for a fair price.

It should be green on 11, red on 10 and a jumper wire between 10 and 9 to make it ring. That is, if there is a standard RJ11 on the other side.

You may also was want to check the handset cord for integrity. It looks to be connected the right way.

Thanks, I'll check it. I have been cleaning it up just a bit. This is the first non American phone for me. (unless you count the Ericophone) Well made and feels good in the hand.
Benny