News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Flea Market Finds Today

Started by Doug Rose, May 29, 2016, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan and I were up at 4AM to hit two Flea Markets before visiting her Dad in Maine. Mid 90's yesterday, low 50's today. Any way got a real nice 50AL with a #2 and old German phone used by the  bad guys during the War. Two great Fire Fighter dress hats, a payphone wall plate. two broken 302s for parts and two cool clocks and an AE40 and a Teledex, new in the broken box. Neat old bottle as well. at 1953 Michigan plate which is my birthday year!!

Just got out of the shower....loooong day looking at other people's sh*t!!....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

That is one of the better German sets to find Fulda? Mfg.

Doug Rose

thanks Robby...I had one before but it had a little damage. When I saw this yesterday at 5:25AM my heart skipped a beat. Seller wanted $20. I could not give him the money fast enough.  Janet said "you always bargain!" I couldn't speak. Really....I was that thrilled!

It is raining today so I had to take flash pictures on the desk, but the Bakelite is black with brown specks in it. The cord is greyish brown cloth with green dots on it. It is amazing.

This does have the Nazi Eagle stamp melted into the Bakelite, my other one did not. I am torn by this. It is a wonderful piece of history, but the history is soooo bad!

Janet said she might have passed on it as she thought it was a toy, It is very small, but heavy. No toy.....Doug
Kidphone

unbeldi

This is an "Amtsanschließer 33" by T&N.
While the same company basically as Fuld, they were called T&N already when these were made.  There should be a date on the unit.
This is WW-II field telephone, usable for common as well as local battery. Can be plugged into a field switch board, or into a central office line, and very versatile, designed to be compatible with almost any switching system of the time.

Doug Rose

thanks Karl....good information....Doug
Kidphone

dsk

Con gratulations. The phone is known as Amtsanschliesser 33 (amtsanschließer 33), designed 1933, as a combined  CB-telephone, and trunk for the field exchange.

The handset and cord belongs to another telephone, the right handset with cord and plug equals the field telephone handset used on FF33 the German field telephone. If the inside is complete you will find some dated capacitors. The phone should be working well on a US landline when you connect ring and tip to the terminals LA and ZB!  It is also made to work as a trunk for a special type of magneto-lines with automatic ring down circuit. That is why you have the terminal marked OB.  The terminal marked E is for systems grounding the lines when the dial is out of rest position.
By the way, if you dial to fast with this dial, the pause between each digit may be to short, that is why later German phones had so long travel between the 1 and the finger stop.
The buzzer in this one has a huge REN load, and other phones on the line together with this one may be to much for proper working.

You may find more at page 25 in this book.  http://tinyurl.com/zxbdxjm

dsk

Doug Rose

dsk....thanks for the info! I love the phone. I thought the handset was correct,  :-\ Could you post a picture of the handset that should be on it. I will start my search for it....many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

dsk

Her is some details from my phone:
1) How to connect the line.
2) The jacks: Jack 1 trunk line, fits the German field exchange plugs, (or a regular Stereo Jack, Ring and tip)
Jack 2 for external hand generator. (only for use with the special Magneto exchange with automatic ring off)
Handset jack Transmitter (and press to talk sw) Receiver, not in use , Receiver and Transmitter, so the plug may work plugged in in both directions.
3) Open by loosen the screw with red ring.
4) Handset pic 1
5) Details receiver end of handset
6) Details transmitter end of...

dsk

dsk

More pictures
1) Press to talk sw. with ears to let rest on top of a field telephone without pressing the sw.
2) Transmitter piece details.
3) with my new transistorized transmitter. (must work from 2.5 V!)
4) Receiver, pretty new element (most later German and Italian fits)
5 The plug, with circuit diagram.

dsk

dsk

If you look at this ad: http://m.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=77739878
you may se both types of handset plugs.

dsk

Doug Rose

thanks again....I just might have one of these....Doug
Kidphone

dsk

Those field telephones are rough, and trustworthy. The US EE-8 is a good one, but this one is even slightly better, but have no CB option.

dsk