and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue 302 on Ebay

Started by JimH, March 24, 2015, 11:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

For the record.

WEBellSystemChristian

What's funny is the 554 is also a Kellogg; I just think a lot of the bidders had their hearts set on the 500!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

With the Blue Kellogg Banjo and the Blue WE 302 both going for a Grand, I guess they are they are both equals in being a scarce find. I had never seen a Blue Banjo and really liked the look. 1K for a telephone...WOW!!!....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 02, 2015, 05:35:38 AM
With the Blue Kellogg Banjo and the Blue WE 302 both going for a Grand, I guess they are they are both equals in being a scarce find. I had never seen a Blue Banjo and really liked the look. 1K for a telephone...WOW!!!....Doug
I wouldn't necessarily call a blue 302 rare, but more of an uncommon phone that commands a really, really high price. When was the last time you saw a blue 302? It was probably only a couple weeks ago, getting bids like there's no tomorrow.

That being said, I will probably never find one locally, expensive or not.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Christian...."RARE" is the must over used word in telephone collecting or any hobby for that matter.  I will say a Blue 302 is a tough find. Yes, you see one most every week, but usually over 1K, pending on condition.

The Blue Banjo phone I thought was more in the 500 set class, pardon the classification, and not the 302 series. I would not expect to see a Mushroomless (that is a word) Blue 55 500 set sell for $1K, maybe I am wrong. First time for everything  8)

1K for a phone is something I have a hard time understanding. Love my phones, but Janet would kill me. I think it takes the fun out of the chase when you just spend to get. Maybe its because I cannot spend to get  :'(   I do enjoy the chase....Doug
Kidphone