News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Black Friday Auction Score! Phones and switchboard parts.

Started by bob833, November 27, 2017, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob833

When to an auction on black friday instead of the malls, I think I did pretty good. The guy worked for Western Electric and had a bunch of phones and parts. Anyone need switchboard parts? I got a few tool boxes and one was heavy and filled with what I think are switch board parts. Bad thing is, I missed out on 3 boxes, approximately 13 black metal ringer boxes. I will be a PIA asking questions questions in other forums on here about getting these to work.

bob833

cihensley@aol.com

The H mount with an E handset may indicate an early H mount (302). With vents?

Chuck

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, great haul! Maybe this should be moved to "my killer deal"? This wasn't featured in an online auction, so it would be perfect there!

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on November 27, 2017, 04:17:35 PM
The H mount with an E handset may indicate an early H mount (302). With vents?

Chuck

The idea that 1937 302s had E1s from the factory was only true in one, extremely rare case, a very early '37 that a member here found. Otherwise, they are typically only found with F1 handsets.

Which 302 has the E1? ???
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

WOW :o

Very nice haul! Looks like you got some great phones there. Do you mind disclosing what you paid for all this? Ask away, plenty of knowledgeable, willing people here to answer any questions you may have.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jim Stettler

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on November 27, 2017, 06:01:48 PM
Wow, great haul! Maybe this should be moved to "my killer deal"? This wasn't featured in an online auction, so it would be perfect there!

The idea that 1937 302s had E1s from the factory was only true in one, extremely rare case, a very early '37 that a member here found. Otherwise, they are typically only found with F1 handsets.

Here is a link to a chart that shows some of the 302 w/E handsets. These are small plunger sets. (the link is from Paul F's. site)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a chart showing component evolution on early 302 sets, see this chart prepared by Hal Belden.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also  seen a F style type handset that came apart like an E handset ISTR 1936.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

oldguy

Gary

cihensley@aol.com

WEBellSystemChristian: I finally clicked open the larger picture . The phone I identified as an H mount is really a C mount. My mistake.

Chuck

HarrySmith

Quote from: Jim S. on November 27, 2017, 07:19:07 PM
Here is a link to a chart that shows some of the 302 w/E handsets. These are small plunger sets. (the link is from Paul F's. site)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a chart showing component evolution on early 302 sets, see this chart prepared by Hal Belden.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also  seen a F style type handset that came apart like an E handset ISTR 1936.

Jim S.

It looks like you forgot the links. I do not see either one?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on November 27, 2017, 06:01:48 PM

I disagree. I have found first run 302s, short ears, small plungers, riveted feet, grate under the lift, wood nub to protect dial all dates matching including the E1 handset.

The hardest handset to find on an early 302 is the seemless F1.  Earliest I found was IV 36, but E1s were on them as well.....Doug
Kidphone