"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Black 354 just sold for $182.50 !!

Started by deedubya3800, October 10, 2010, 10:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deedubya3800

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130439774991

Wow, that was amazing to watch! I had been considering this one early on, but it got too rich for me sometime yesterday. But to watch that thing just sweep up from $125 to $182 in such a short stretch, that was exciting!

The shell sure does seem to have been polished up well, but they could've done something about the handset cord. No matter, it still sold for big bucks. :) Most of the bidders were noobs.

I still want one.

baldopeacock

I have no idea why that phone sold so high.   Don't they usually bring somewhere in the $20 to 40 range depending on condition?

Sargeguy

A NOS 354 didn't get that much recently.  I lost on a 1950 dated manual set with backboard that went for $45 and I thought that was crazy.  This one isn't even clean inside!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

I remember about ten years ago, these were going for around a hundred on ebay.  Then they started coming out of the woodwork and the prices dropped.  Even then, I don't think I ever saw one go this high.  I wonder if the winner also bought the overpriced subset.  ;)
= DARRIN =

deedubya3800

No, they shared no bidders, but it would seem like the same mentality was at work here. There's another one in good shape with a Buy It Now price of $60. Why was this one worth over three times that?