News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue 302 on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, December 29, 2010, 08:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Already up to to $200. Handset has groves, one picture. Looks to be painted....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Electric-Bell-Systems-302-Blue-/260713647532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3be8dac
Kidphone

HarrySmith

This seller has a few nice looking phones up right now. Not on our handles list?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

also this painted 5302. I never trust the one picture straight on auctions, but that's just me. No mention of paint in either auction...Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Electric-Bell-Systems-5302G-Rotary-Desk-/260713638745?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb3be6b59
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I asked the seller if it was painted and he confirmed that it is. Still a very nice blue 302....Doug
Kidphone

Wallphone

Doug, What tipped you off that the 302 was painted blue? With this one pic wonder of an auction I can't tell. And if you can see it, you would think the seller would have seen it too.
The other Doug

Doug Rose

Quote from: Wallphone on December 30, 2010, 08:46:26 AM
Doug, What tipped you off that the 302 was painted blue? With this one pic wonder of an auction I can't tell. And if you can see it, you would think the seller would have seen it too.
The other Doug
Hey Doug...Grooved handset set off my alarm. Whoever did it, its a nice job and a good place holder. The pink 5302 is also really nice as well. BUT....its Tough to spend that kind of money without more pictures. I am always leery of one picture auctions, especially when you get 12 for FREE. ....I thought I was the "other Doug'....Doug
Kidphone

Wallphone

Thanks Other Doug, I'm a little Sloooow here, so are both the handset and the housing painted?
One of the Doug's

Doug Rose

from the auction

Questions and answers about this item
  Q: Is the phone painted? Can you post some more pictures?....thanks...Doug
A: The phone has been painted the teal blue. I have revised my listin to state that the phone has been painte the teal blue

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kidphone on December 30, 2010, 01:44:46 PM
from the auction:
Questions and answers about this item
  Q: Is the phone painted? Can you post some more pictures?....thanks...Doug

Well, that confirms it. Kidphone is Doug so Wallphone must be "Other Doug" or "One of the Dougs". But of course, Kidphone is "One of the Dougs" as well. so...I'm confused....still.

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: ae_collector on December 30, 2010, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on December 30, 2010, 01:44:46 PM

....thanks...Doug

Well, that confirms it. Kidphone is Doug so Wallphone must be "Other Doug" or "One of the Dougs". But of course, Kidphone is "One of the Dougs" as well. so...I'm confused....still.

Terry
Terry...you can't teach an old doug new tricks! That should clear it up....woof
Kidphone

Doug Rose

the seller ended the auction on 12/30, must of got an offer he could not refuse....Doug
Kidphone