News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage Lamp

Started by Doug Rose, September 17, 2017, 11:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this lamp during the summer at a yard sale. Wood was in tough shape and the brass base was hanging off of it, but for $5 I had to try. I refurbed the wood and was surprised at how nice it came out. I polished the brass.  The lamp is heavy!

I found the shade at a yard sale for another $5, not bad for total of $10. I think they are a match!....Doug
Kidphone

AL_as_needed

that cleaned up well, very stately looking lamp! Nice find
TWinbrook7

twocvbloke

Looks pretty good with that shade fitted... :)

TelePlay

I think you are spot on with the shade and now have a very nice Art Deco lamp. Those square lamp shades work nice for getting a lamp closer to a wall.

Once again I'm a bit, no, a lot jealous of your flea market markets out there. They are few and far between in my area and when they occur, mostly filled with vendors selling everything from plants to socks to sun glasses to candy, and more. And finding good old stuff at a flea market here is harder than finding a flea market here. But, then, my wife's name is not Jan . . .  ;)

Babybearjs

Pretty lamp. when I rewire lamps like this, I always go with a vintage look, thus using cloth cordage... check out how the lamp repair industry has changed..... check out sundial wire and see all the fancy wire being offered.... great way to dress up an antique and vintage lighting fixture...   www.sundialwire.com
John

Very nice Doug, looks like it came right off the Antique Roadshow.  :)