"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for handset connector 616E for Call Director

Started by pdxjim911, April 22, 2016, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxjim911

Hello all!

I'm looking for the modular handset connector 616E which is used on Call Directors to plug handsets into the front. I'd like 10 of them and I know of another collector looking for 10.

I ordered some via Ebay that came from Hong Kong, had no spades on them, and they are NOT the correct type.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-616E-4P4C-RJ9-Female-Telephone-Connector-Adapter-w-4-Wires-8cm-/310974239618?hash=item4867825382:g:YDsAAOSwpzdWquPX

Unfortunately, this part of the phone plastic did not survive the aging process well.  I have two 18 line Call Directors that were NOS and both of them had this part in multiple pieces.

Thanks for any clue on where to hunt these down.

Jim
Jim Churchill
Hillsboro, Oregon

C*NET 1-821-9771

paul-f

If the plastic parts are the right size, you can reuse the wires from the damaged jacks.

Simply straighten the wires and slide them out of the plastic.  Insert the old wires into the new plastics and bend them.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

pdxjim911

Jim Churchill
Hillsboro, Oregon

C*NET 1-821-9771

Dave F

The 616Es used on Call Directors are certainly the toughest to find of all similar modular connectors.  I have been looking for a reliable source for years, so far without success.  A word of caution: The plastic housings on all the aftermarket 616E connectors I have ever seen are of a different form-factor than the "real" ones used by W.E.  I have never found any aftermarket versions that will work adequately, so be cautious before spending your money on stuff you can't use.  I anxiously await hearing of any source for the real ones!

DF

WEBellSystemChristian

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or are those the same mod plugs used on modular Princesses? You might want to try checking out a modular Princess to see if it's even close to the right type.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford