News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 1A Subset

Started by Gilas, December 23, 2012, 11:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

I got this subset with an AE 1A and was having never done one with a subset let alone an AE one I was wondering if anyone here might be able to answer a couple questions about it. 

1.  Wired as it is inside does it appear to be functional or is it missing anything?
2.  If it does have everything then where do the line wires go?

Thanks ahead of time

Mike

AE_Collector

I am guessing that if that was a subset it has now been turned into just an extension ringer. Telco's did that to make further use of subsets once phones pretty much no longer needed subsets. I don't see an induction coil anywhere. What does the outside of the box look like?

Terry

stub

Gilas ,
            Remove the receiver cap and take out the receiver on the 1A and see if you have 2 or 3 wires on the back. If this phone has the induction coil receiver( 3 wires on back of receiver) in it you won't need to have a subset just a extension ringer.  As Terry stated you have a extension ringer, frequency ringer at that. Depending on how close to 20 ~ it is will determine if it will work or not.
            Post pic of the insides of the 1A and we will see what you need.    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield