News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Carl's two 'modified' rotaries

Started by carl, September 02, 2009, 07:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

I was in a store here in the city and saw something that caught my eye,so I just had to do the same to my two rotaries,and all it took
was switching parts.Here's the result.

Phonesrfun

Cool idea, but oh my, what will the neighbors think??   ???
-Bill G

HobieSport

Black and White; just like most of my favorite movies. ;D
You can call them your "penguin" phones.
-Matt

bwanna

not exactly my taste, .... but they do have a certain appeal.  :-\   carl, mind if i pirate your idea?  bet i could sell them as "one of a kind, designer retro phones"!
donna

carl

Hobie/Bwanna,et al...black and white movies are absolutely my favorites too.My wife says ugh!
Sure,go ahead and do yours too,as they really make a statement.What it is I don't know,but they look great.Best,Carl..NYC

Phonesrfun

Just think what you could do with three or four colors.
-Bill G

carl

uh oh...I have some in mind right now.We'll see. I think I'll try the cream and beige,and they'll probably resemble a 50s sport outfit.

HobieSport

Red, White and Blue...Aqua, Pink and Yellow...
Do I hear Dennis groaning in the background? ;)
-Matt

bwanna

aqua  pink&.....yellow????   guess it would be a good easter phone. ;)   of course red white green for christmas.   i can see it now.......a  phone for every season!   i have some modular 500s i didn't know what to do with. :o

how about team phones..... red/white=red wings......blue/gold=UofM......etc :D
donna

McHeath

Now to my professional eye, those black and white phones look Art Deco!

(Dodging shoes!!!)

JimH

Now if you just had two identical cars, just think what you could do!
Jim H.

Dan

I made my son a "Steelers" phone out of a black and yellow (don't worry purists, they can be switched back to original again)

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Ah, a "Bumblebee" phone.

And Bwanna, yes, an aqua/pink/yellow phone would most definitely be an "Easter Egg" phone, or perhaps a "1950s Kitchen" phone.

Heath, I doubt that the black and white phone would pass as deco, but how about a "Film Noir" phone? 8)  Dennis; we need a "smiley" emoticon wearing a fedora. ;)
-Matt

Dennis Markham

I've seen those 500's for sale on eBay in the Green/Yellow color for the Packers and even listed with Packers memorabilia.  As your son has done here, just about any team colors would work.  I've seen them in college team colors too.

Can't help you with the Fedora, unless we can convince the authors of the Simple Machines to create one.  :)

bingster

Speaking of color-switched phones and ebay, there's a seller who's got a boatload of them listed this week.  All sorts of different color combinations.  I'm not sure if he's taken new housings and done the mix-n-match thing or what, but they're all incredibly shiny and new looking.
= DARRIN =