News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS Rare Vintage Western Electric Gold Wall Phone New!

Started by Dennis Markham, May 04, 2009, 12:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dennis Markham

Hobie, he's not going to change anything.  I think now that there are bids he cannot modify the listing--but I may be wrong about that.  He COULD cancel it and re-list it but he would lose his bidders.  I'll bet those bidders think it's new and never been used-----and it may look that nice.  He is saying the plastic is new and never been used which may be true.

HobieSport

Ah; I hadn't thought of the problems of changing the description or re-listing mid bid.  I have seen some sellers alter descriptions mid bid, and making a point of letting all the bidders know that they can retract their bids, and I'm guessing / hoping that those sellers may also double check with the winner to make sure they know that the description has changed since their bid, and give them a chance to opt out.

I just hope Mr. Gallagher doesn't get into trouble if someone buys it thinking that it is something that it is not, and finds out later and feels misled, as that could harm his reputation and feedback and such.  Well, this is all an interesting lesson for those of us who sell or intend to sell on Ebay. Thanks Dennis.

AET

- Tom