News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Well, Vancouver finally got dumped on today. First snow all winter. And while it was above 32F during the day it won't be over night. Time to head to Mexico!

Here's what it looks like out front tonight. Where's my Shovel?

Terry

dsk

Picture from yesterday, the said it was -20°C= -4°F here this morning, I did only read -18°C= -0.4°F, but it is cold anyway.  :)  I  know many of you have or at at least had it colder not many days ago.   ;)

dsk

19and41

The weather here shifted again, coming from the south.  It was warm enough to need the air conditioner driving about.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Greg G.

Snow in Seattle!  Started falling last night or early this morning, 2-4-2019.  Windy too!  According to the forecast, we're going to get a cycle of thawing and freezing for a few days, not good news!   But my wife is happy, she likes snow, it's her birthday, and she gets to stay home from school (teacher).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSbgZc_F78

https://www.tripsavvy.com/does-it-snow-in-seattle-2964932
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Yeah you got slightly more than we did 150 miles north of you Greg.

Terry

Fabius

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 04, 2019, 12:49:58 PM
Yeah you got slightly more than we did 150 miles north of you Greg.

Terry

You don't fool me. I see the snow piles up in the background.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Greg G.

But I made it to work ok.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

That windshield cover didn't fool anybody either. I know it's not Florida!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

Was about 40° here on Saturday and Sunday along with a bit of light rain so our 14" on the ground is now near grass except for the 3' deep snow shoveling piles along the sidewalks and driveways. Global warming always shows up on this area about is time of the year. And, no new snow in sight and 30's predicted for the next two weeks.

Key2871

Well today in the northeast, it was very .... Pleasant 55 degrees! Woo-hoo. It was actually really nice, compared to the cold we had just days before..
However, the driveway still has permafrost, I tried to chisel away a bit because where my truck is I have four to six inches of ice. And that stuff is HARD as a rock. But another nice day tomorrow, then sharply back to winter.
KEN

Scott

Near Denver this morning the outside thermometer says -3 but the temperature inside the chick coop is a toasty +15. With over 5 inches of snow yesterday this will be an indoor day for the birds.

Scott K.

TelePlay

Regular Member Post

Quote from: TelePlay on February 04, 2019, 04:53:09 PM
Was about 40° here on Saturday and Sunday along with a bit of light rain so our 14" on the ground is now near grass . . .

And then two days later we got a mix of freezing rain and snow. Left 3/4" of solid ice on everything. Toward the end of the precipitation, I grabbed this radar image showing that I think they ran out of colors. Quite the colorful and almost meaningless map.

19and41

Only bad thing about this is what it might portend for this summer.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pictures from this morning February 13th 2019 @ 7:56am EST

Before 7:56am and after 9:23am.

I also made paths in the backyard for our dog.

I'll have to go out and do it all over again by suppertime as it is still snowing.  >:(

Last picture is from the Livingroom window at 10:08am

compubit

Snow in the Washington, DC area yesterday. Didn't stick much, but definitely can foul up traffic...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!