News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just Love the Old Stuff

Started by Doug Rose, December 14, 2011, 05:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Man on man does this bring back memories of my childhood. These were above the exits at the local Movie Hall. Remember, one screen and a projector and a balcony!! Porcelain light fixtures... 50's???

I got this on eBay for a BIN that was listed in phones. Got it right at the start. It had a porcelain AC receptacle that was damaged. I just so happened to have a few from my yard sale excursions and Voila!!

This even had the 15 watt bulb in it. The metal showed a bit of corrosion, but came off with some Noxon, fine steel wool and elbow grease. Chrome like finish, but I'm not sure just what the metal is. Its about 9" long and heavy. The glass is just sooooo cool. The little things that make us happy. This will go in my phone room.

No flash so it looks a little yellow, but its a great frosted off white color and the bulb doesn't show as much as the pictures make it look. It is so cool, I can't stand it!

Janet now knows that I am crazy. "What do you want that for?" ...Doug
Kidphone

liteamorn

Very cool Doug! You hae a phone "ROOM"? I'm starting to find neat places for my phones all over my house ! Of course I live alone, but my girlfriend not only loves my obsession but enhances it.

cihensley@aol.com

Doug - You have a knack for finding nice old things.

Chuck

Doug Rose

Quote from: liteamorn on December 15, 2011, 12:32:52 PM
Very cool Doug! You hae a phone "ROOM"? I'm starting to find neat places for my phones all over my house ! Of course I live alone, but my girlfriend not only loves my obsession but enhances it.
Here is a few pictures of my phone room taken last January.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on December 15, 2011, 12:36:57 PM
Doug - You have a knack for finding nice old things.

Chuck
thanks Chuck....right place right time, 5:08 AM just before I left for the train for my ride into Boston....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/6wqwht2
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Russ Kirk

Nice sign.  I would have bought it too.  I recently saw an elevator sign on American Pickers I i wanted.  Don;t have an elevator in my house, but I think it would be cool to have an elevator sign.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI