News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dresser finally refinished and polished.

Started by Greg G., January 31, 2012, 02:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Well, it's really just polishing, but with Howard's Restore-A-Finish.  I love that stuff!  Anita helped me with it, bless her heart.  I used Neutral color since the dresser was multi-colored, followed by Howard's wax.  The back of the mirror revealed a date stamp, looks like July 22, 1940 or 48.  It looks like 48 in the picture, but up close it looks like a smeared 1940.  Look how well Howard's did on that blemish on the bottom drawer.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

Howard's products are absolute miracle workers! Your dresser is beautiful, Greg. Tho this was inexpensive mass produced furniture, waterfall is one of my all time favorite styles. Love the ornate bakelike pulls on the drawers. Nice work, Anita.  ;D
donna

LarryInMichigan

The dresser looks great.  I have always liked the waterfall style, but it is hard to find furniture without parts of the veneer missing.  Yours looks to be in great shape.

Larry

bingster

Really beautiful piece.  I've always been afraid to try Howard's on anything, but with all the success others on the forum have had, I think I might try it.  I have a few things that might benefit from it.
= DARRIN =